How can I tell if my roof has hail damage?

4,744 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Jason_InfinityRoofer
K_P
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't trust do-to-door guys. The hail didn't seem that bad.
JP76
How big was the hail and how old is the roof ?
K_P
AG
Quarter size. 2012, so 7 yrs.
jws456
AG
You're probably just fine.

- a NOT door-to-door roofer.

62strat
AG
Did it damage any vehicles on your street?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Call your agent and chat with them. Talk about your options regarding replace vs keep going. Damage may not mean leaks today, but took 10 years of the life of a 30 year shingle. I don't think a conversation should cost you anything.
K_P
AG
Yeah- I'm doing a bathroom remodel (which is taking more than a week) so the garage is full of junk. Both our cars got enough dings where the wife wants it fixed.

Thanks for the input
BrazosDog02
AG
Where are you located K_P?

I can meet you at your place for a free inspection if you want to know. I can also check out HailWatch with your address. At any rate, you want a qualified, credentialed, and insured roofer to check it out first and give honest feedback. It's free, I don't make anyone sign anything.

Feel free to give me a call if you want to set something up. 281-803-9545 ( I'm with Infinity Roofing)
87IE
AG
K_P said:

I don't blame you..

My general rule of thumb on roofers is they
  • Have to have a local phone number
  • Have to have a local address
  • Have to have paperwork that shows both of the above

Some neighbors were taken for several thousand dollars by "fly by night roofers" years ago after a hail storm.

The local guy I used did the inspection and marked off an area and counted the hits so when he met my insurance adjuster it went smoothly.

Quote:

I can meet you at your place for a free inspection if you want to know. I can also check out HailWatch with your address. At any rate, you want a qualified, credentialed, and insured roofer to check it out first and give honest feedback. It's free, I don't make anyone sign anything.

Feel free to give me a call if you want to set something up. 281-803-9545 ( I'm with Infinity Roofing)

Bookmarked your company since y'all have a local Austin office.... I take it by your area code you're in Houston?
K_P
AG
Thanks. My in-laws had a door to-door guy get up there and mess up their roof and the the insurance said the damage was caused by the roofer not the storm. Almost too absurd to be made up
K_P
AG
I would appreciate it. I live in Spring Branch near the Beltway and Kempwood. If you run 10511 Timberoak Dr. that will be close enough without posting my actual address.

I will give you a call tomorrow!
Whitetail
AG
Had a door to door guy claim he was local. He told me he had kids in school so I asked what school they went to and he could answer. Caught him in a lie.
BrazosDog02
AG
Sounds good. Let me check it out! Talk to you tomorrow!
BrazosDog02
AG
87IE said:

K_P said:

I don't blame you..

My general rule of thumb on roofers is they
  • Have to have a local phone number
  • Have to have a local address
  • Have to have paperwork that shows both of the above

Some neighbors were taken for several thousand dollars by "fly by night roofers" years ago after a hail storm.

The local guy I used did the inspection and marked off an area and counted the hits so when he met my insurance adjuster it went smoothly.

Quote:

Bookmarked your company since y'all have a local Austin office.... I take it by your area code you're in Houston?

Awesome. Definitely bookmark us.

Yes, I am in Houston. I live locally. I have worked in San Antonio as well for the recent hail storm since I have family there. The good thing is that I can still help you in Austin and make sure you get in touch with a great project manager. We have a ton of awesome people and staff to make things go smoothly and quickly address issues if any pop up.

Sadly, the story you tell is not uncommon. Every storm. I've seen damage made by crooks doing roof "inspections" after Harvey. A decent adjuster will know.
K_P
AG
Called and missed you. Sent a text to that number with my details and availability. Let me know if it you don't get the text.
BrazosDog02
AG
Got it.
Southpaw 07
AG
I'm a little late to the party, but I just left you a voicemail. Located in Spring Branch.
planoaggie123
AG
Would you be able to do a check for a house in Plano...we had some the past month and did not seem excessive but now see 2 yard signs of homes getting new roofs....
txag2008
AG
Maybe this line of thinking isn't right, but my first call would be to my insurance. They're the ones that are ultimately going to have the say on whether or not you'll actually get any money towards a new roof.

Have them assess it then get with a roofer.
Aggiewes
AG
txag2008 said:

Maybe this line of thinking isn't right, but my first call would be to my insurance. They're the ones that are ultimately going to have the say on whether or not you'll actually get any money towards a new roof.

Honestly, I would have both the insurance adjuster and the roofer there at the same time. They will balance each other.
K_P
AG
Aggiewes said:

txag2008 said:

Honestly, I would have both the insurance adjuster and the roofer there at the same time. They will balance each other.

I would have brazos dog there first. He talked through my situation with me, recommended not replacing the roof. Talked to my neighbor, and recommended she should get a new roof / file a claim.

I definitely recommend him.
BrazosDog02
AG
Thank you. Thanks to everyone that let me check out their roof! I love meeting new people from here in person! Sorry I didn't get back to this thread! As for Plano, let me look into that.
BrazosDog02
AG
txag2008 said:

You aren't completely incorrect, but I always recommend calling your roofing professional first. The adjuster is not a roofing professional. Let your pro give you an actual accounting of damage and opinion on overall condition first. That way, you are in the loop and informed. As you said, The carrier does make the final call. However, having an informed homeowner and professional there to meet an adjuster has a tremendous effect on the outcome of that decision.
Charlie Murphy
Brazos - you headed to Spring Branch again any time soon? hoping to have someone give mine a look as well.
BrazosDog02
AG
Yep. Happy to help.

My Email is in my profile. I'll be back in Houston next week. This past week I was in SA with their recent hail Situation getting them fixed up.
BrazosDog02
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Would you be able to do a check for a house in Plano...we had some the past month and did not seem excessive but now see 2 yard signs of homes getting new roofs....
Plano...shoot me an email. I have a guy that can help you out!
Cadet05
AG
Brazosdog- you ever work with adjusters on steep and 2 story assists? Looking for an honest roofer to bring out to loses in greater Houston area on occasion
BrazosDog02
AG
Occasionally. Please email me.
plarmigan
AG
Anyone in Dallas have recommendations on roofers they've used recently? Need to get mine looked at after those storms a few weeks back

Thanks
K_P
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Are you still doing roofing? That number went somewhere else. Needed some help getting a small leak around a plumbing vent fixed.
Jason_InfinityRoofer
K_P…I have someone that can get that fixed. Please give me a ring.

Email or phone in profile.
https://linqapp.com/jason_duke --- JasonDuke@InfinityRoofer.com --- https://infinityrooferjason.blogspot.com/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.