Quartz counters/slabs in Houston

4,194 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ThreeFive
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any recs for a place in Houston with a large selection of Quartz slabs? And does anyone have an idea of actual contractor pricing/cost between the various brands? I'm getting overwhelmed with all of the different choices and brands...Silestone, Caesarstone, Corian, Cambria, MSI, etc... I'd like to go to one place that carries several brands and/or lots of choices (or at least samples) in stock, if possible. FWIW...our contractor's allowance is about $60- 70/ft installed.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Have you been to Earthstone on Clay Rd?

I just had a prefab quartz slab installed at a dry bar I am having built and was recommended I check there. They appeared to have a good inventory.

Also, Daltile on Hempstead Hwy had a good inventory when I went to purchase a granite slab from them for a previous remodel. I'd check them too.
MAS444
AG
Thanks...I'll check those out!
MAS444
AG
Also...did they give you their contractor pricing...or did you have to go through your contractor/fabricator to get that?
03_Aggie
There's quite a few slab yards off of Hempstead hey/clay rd.

Earth stone and expo are two over there that we visited. There's also a place called Target Stone that has pre-fab granite and quartz. They might also sell quartz by the slab.

There's another Expo location around I-10 and beltway along with an Arizona Tile and Shenoy.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
MAS444 said:

Also...did they give you their contractor pricing...or did you have to go through your contractor/fabricator to get that?
Nobody would give me a price. All said the same thing.... pricing would have to come from my contractor. Frustrating.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I figured...thanks.
RK
AG
MSI, Triton, Earthstone, Pomigranite, Arizona Tile...
03_Aggie
MAS444 said:

Go get yourself some cheap business cards made for your new remodeling business and hand it over when you want a price. May have to fill out a quick form but I don't recall it being too difficult or time consuming.
AG Custom
AG
Lots of places to look at quartz. There is a hue difference in pricing from the man-made quartz and the natrual quartz. Most of the ones you posted in your original were lots of man made products. As a retail customer, they aren't going to give you contractor pricing (unless your builder or fabricator tells them it is ok to translate pricing directly to you). It would be best to have your builder call (if he piece mills the counter-tops) or the fabricator (if doing turnkey) to get you a price.

I personally like using:

Omni Surfaces (clay road)
Earthstone (Clay road right across from Omni)
Arizona Tile (near i-10 and beltway on west side)

Basic rule of thumb for idea purposes.

Man Made lower level installed - $45-55/sqft including fabrication and standard edge treatments
Mid level man made installed - $50-65/sqft including fabrication and standard edge treatments

Natural Quartz installed- $50-110/sqft including fabrication and standard edge treatments. This range is very wide but the product varies so much in cost.

Hope this helps and best of luck.

If you are wondering about just fabrication costs. Fabricators can run anywhere from $15/sqft to template, pick-up material, cut, fabricate and install to around $25/sqft. That doesnt include cut and polish of undermounted sinks. Those normally run about $75-$150 each depending on size.

$60-70/sqft is a pretty good standardized budget for man made quartz and you should have quite a few options. CeasarStone is a good brand which i even have in my personal home.
MAS444
AG
Yeah I'm talking quartz (man made) not quartzite (natural). Very much appreciate the info!
MAS444
AG
Which color caesarstone do you have and was it in the same range you mentioned $ wise? Just from their website, I like theirs the most...but have heard they're on of the more expensive ones. But again, the info is all over the map...
AG Custom
AG
I actually have 4 different colors in my home.

Kitchen, Kitchen Island, Bar Area = Statuario Maximus 5031 with eased mitered drop edge (edge is more expensive but looks better with the movement in this product and not showing a typical laminated seam)

Master Bathroom, Master Closet Island, & Bath 2 = Bianco Drift 6131 with eased laminated edge

Powder & Bath 3 = Nougat 6600 with eased laminated edge

Utility Room = Concrete 2003 with eased laminated edge

Your allowance does slightly confuse me as $10/foot range is a big range and how do you know your exact budget. For example, typical kitchen is probably 85-110sqft of material. If the cost is $60 then that is about $1000 less than if it was $70. Throw in the other bathrooms, utility, etc and it is probably closer to $2000. Do you get credit if it is on lower end or under?

I don't like getting to involved in other peoples projects when it comes to specific costs as most builder's work completely different from me. I do about 40-50 different allowances that are all dollar for dollar figures and reconcile each allowance with actual costs (no mark-ups or fake costs) so that clients know the actual costs and know exactly where all the money is going for the finishes on the home. I don't want to make it difficult for your contractor as i have been in the business long enough that there is a decent chance i know the person (or they know me) and adding stress to their already stressful job isn't cool. That being said, all the above listed should easily be at or under your allowance range and I pay my fabricator at the very high end of fabrication range because he does some awesome work.
ForeverAg
AG
American Countertop Fabricators.

Their website is ass, but their install and prices can't be touched
MAS444
AG
Thanks a lot...I really appreciate your input. We're doing a flat fee deal with our builder. So all of his "costs" are passed on to us without markup and we're paying him a predetermined lump fee. On this particular line item, the allowance he gave us was actually about $60/ft. I just gave a range up to a little higher number because we might want a little higher end stuff in kitchen, bar and master bath...but I hope it averages out to 60 or lower. We've got about 350 ft2 total.

Where did you get your Caesarstone if you don't mind me asking? I really like those colors and we're wanting to do some similar ones.

Ducks4brkfast
AG
I was at $50.26 installed at my dry bar - Arabescato.

Not that anyone cares, though.
MAS444
AG
I care deeply.
AG Custom
AG
I got all my material from Omni Surfaces.
Courtesy Flush
AG
I know you said man made, but for anybody referencing this thread looking for natural quartzite, I recommend Decorative Center of Houston on Woodway and Sage. They have a great collection albeit much of what they have is on the high end.
ThreeFive
AG
I have a couple decent sized pieces of Silestone Calacatta Gold leftover from our project that I'll be posting to the classifieds soon. I'll get sizes this afternoon if you're interested.
MAS444
AG
I'm interested...size and $?
ThreeFive
AG
I have the following pieces:

13x49"
37x54"
119x12"

I'm flexible on price. Feel free to make an offer if you're interested and we can discuss.
MAS444
AG
Appreciate it...but none of those sizes work. Where did you get your Silestone slabs and do you remember the cost?
ThreeFive
AG
Not a problem. We went through our contractor, who I wouldn't recommend to anyone, and I don't recall where he got them.

We had 3 or 4 jumbo slabs that was around $5,600 and I believe fabrication, installation, and everything else was around $3k.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.