Warming drawer differences ?

1,771 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Schall 02
Schall 02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have experience with a warming drawer? We're adding one in our kitchen remodel and would like to know if any distinguish themselves. (It will be pseudo-hidden so matching brand to other appliances is not a concern.) I'm intrigued by the slow-cooker option and am pretty sure I want one with temperature control rather than just low/med/high settings. Anybody have any recs?
redag06
Previous home had a range with a baking drawer could go up to 375.

Worked well the few times my wife used it for baking.
The Fife
We've had one by Miele for the last 5 years and use it all the time. The front matches the rest of the cabinets so it's completely hidden.
Schall 02
AG
Thanks. Does your Miele have temp control other than low/med/high?
BSpencer00
AG
We just got a Wolf. It does have specific temperature control on it along with low / med /high. Only been using it for a couple of months, but no bad feedback so far.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Fife
Schall 02 said:

Thanks. Does your Miele have temp control other than low/med/high?
Ours ranges from 105 to 185 with 20 degree increments. I've been using it 2-4x per week for 5 years without any trouble beyond routine cleaning. Our dishwasher, convection oven and combi-steam oven are also by Miele and the cooktop is Blue Star. Everything except for the ovens have panels to match the cabinets (all drawers, much better than the regular kind if you haven't committed to those yet).

The only thing I would've done differently is to get a rangetop instead so we'd have 6 burners vs. 5. Also the knock to open thing for the dishwasher would've been great but it came out about a year after I did our kitchen.
Schall 02
AG
We went with the KitchenAid on sale. Liked the slow-cooking and matchable cabinet-face features.
Factory Builder Stores
KitchenAid is a great brand, and is definitely my personal favorite when it comes to warming drawers. There's usually not a lot of difference between drawers other than the looks (getting it to match whatever appliance package you have), they're all low temperature cooking appliances, but KitchenAid is the only one that makes use of it as a slow cooker. Solid choice, I'd be curious to hear what you think once you've gotten some use out of it!
Schall 02
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.