Fertilizer Recs for Bermuda in South Austin

1,269 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cloud
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for fertilizer on a bermuda lawn in South Austin? I lived my life with St Augustine yards in Houston.

The sod was laid down at the end of December. So, I didn't do a Spring pre-emergent as I read that could stunt the sod.
BigNastyNate
AG
Fine a SiteOne near you.

Go buy whatever seasonal fertilizer they have at the time you go.

They carry Lesco, which is the product majority of commercial landscapers use.
Bob_Ag
AG
Since we are approaching the hot season and Bermuda is a very nitrogen intensive turf when it gets going,look for a high nitrogen slow release. Lesco is a good brand.

I also like to put down some miloganite which is good for the soil and gives a really nice deep green.

The best thing you can do for Bermuda is to keep mowed short and often, typically twice a week. I'm assuming its a hybrid variety which is common for bermuda sod.
Furlock Bones
AG
appreciate the responses. had heard of Lesco just didn't know where to get it.
bunlundun
AG
I second the milorganite recommendation. Throw er down.... Pretty much fool proof
BigNastyNate
AG
Milotganite is money, it's a 'natural' alternative to a product like ironite. If you want to get a really deep green, put some milorganite in between Lesco feedings and enjoy that lovely smell!
bunlundun
AG
Smells great....my kids tend to stay away from milorganite compared to the fertilizers of new....which tend to look like Nerds candy
Cloud
You have to learn to appreciate Milo's musk.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.