Protective netting living on a golf course

2,264 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Made in the Shade
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, on what was an otherwise excellent sporting Saturday, we also took a golf ball through one of our windows. Luckily, the guy that hit the ball stopped and happened to be somebody that lives a few houses down, so he offered to pay for it. This is the 3rd window in the last year that has been broken due to golf balls (lived in the house 10 years this December and haven't had one until last year), and the 2nd in this particular area. Given that neither of these 2 broke both panes of glass (double pane) then I'm guessing they're ricocheting from the neighbors house or the walls of our house as the room where the windows are is like a recessed room. The windows would be the _ in |_|.

I'm wondering if anybody who lives on a golf course has ever put up any kind of protective netting to help with this? If so, what kind? This part of the house just faces the neighbors and is on a side that I only go to in order to mow. We're never on this side of the house and nobody sees it, so I'm wondering if net ran from the roof to the fence would help.

Looking online, I've found this and may give it a shot:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00768EVFE?psc=1
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
hurricanejake02
AG
If you're wanting to avoid looking at the netting, you might consider (I've done NO price comparison here) going with hurricane-rated impact resistant windows.
aTm2004
AG
Looking at the netting isn't that big of a deal, honestly. We keep the blinds close in that room because we're never in it and the view is of the fence and neighbors house (this is on the side of the house). The first one we had to replace was in our master bedroom and the window in the bay window that faces the tee box, so we did go with tempered glass on that one due to the higher probability of being struck. In this particular area, I'm not really concerned about seeing a net.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
JaneDoe02
AG
Before you spend money on a net, you may want to check to see if your HOA will have a fit about it.
62strat
AG
aTm2004 said:

The windows would be the _ in |_|.

Olag00
AG
62strat said:

aTm2004 said:

The underscore is the window. The vertical lines would be walls making the window recessed.
OnlyForNow
AG
If this never happened before two years ago, you need to go see how they changed the tee box!
62strat
AG
Olag00 said:

62strat said:

aTm2004 said:

The underscore is the window. The vertical lines would be walls making the window recessed.
That still doesn't make any sense to me. Recessed?
Olag00
AG
Think of it as a dormer
Made in the Shade
We can help with exterior roller shades. I would love a chance to come out and give you a proposal on roller shades that can protect your home and its windows from golf balls.

Andy Krotulski
Made in the Shade Aggieland, Owner
mitsaggieland.com
979-412-9233
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.