Swimming Pool Remodel Question

1,363 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rabbitag
Harman Rabb Jr.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was wondering if anyone had experience with remodeling a swimming pool. We are looking at a house that has one. It is the traditional shallow end/deep end. I'd prefer to have the "deep" end at 5 feet, instead of 8 or 9. Can this be filled in? Any idea on cost or someone that could do this in the Houston area? Thanks.
Oso96
AG
We had our pool resurfaced and I think it was around $8k (couping, tile and surface). If you filling some of it in no idea on that cost but won't be cheap. The drains will have to be extended also. Replace the light while it is empty also.
helloag99
I've had two pools remodeled. Tile, coping, plaster, deck.

I would think it would be possible to make a pool shallower. I don't think it would be cheap.

If in Houston call pool works http://www.poolworkshouston.com/pool_remodeling.asp
aezmvp
15 to 20k minimum I would think.
rabbitag
AG
I have had a pool filled in. They riaised the depth about three feet. As stated earlier, they had to raise the drain to that level. Raising the depth was part of an overall remodel and they basically took all the old coping, tile and decking and threw it in the deep end and then poured a new floor over it. I questioned them at the time, and they said that is how they always do it. That was seven years ago and haven't had any issues with it. Total redo was around $15K, but the raising was just a part of the total.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.