Driveway disposal - Houston

669 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we are going to replace our cracked and broken driveway. To save some scratch we are going to remove the old one ourselves and haul off. Any one know codes or rules for disposal? Are there special trailers or dumpsters we can rent?

03_Aggie
Dump trailer or a roll off dumpster. Might be able to find a concrete recycling place to drop it off. I'd think most dumps would take it and probably have a designated area to dump it.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Will they take rebar? Not certain my driveway has it since it was built in the 70's
03_Aggie
If you're in Houston it looks like Cherry Demolition may take it and they appear to have a couple of recycle centers...

http://cherrycompanies.com/recycling-services/concrete/
YellAg2004
AG
Southern Crushed will also take it I believe. They may have a location that is closer.

Also, if you live in the City of Houston, you can go to one of the neighborhood depositories and they all have a roll-off specifically for concrete (I believe it's actually a cherry dumpster). You will have to throw the pieces in though as there is not trailer dump. So if you go that route, make sure the pieces are small enough that you can pick them up.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno said:

Will they take rebar? Not certain my driveway has it since it was built in the 70's
It does. There will at least be some steel in there. The 1970's wasn't all that long ago. RTT mentioned in his garage apartment demo thread a couple years ago that he had steel in his 1920's driveway. Though it was just a welded wire mesh that wasn't properly centered in the slab.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Thanks guys
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.