New Kitchen Appliances

1,558 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
LayeredTrout
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are purchasing a renovated house, and the builder is giving us a $6500 credit to pick kitchen appliances - gas range/oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, and microwave. We pick them out, and they will install.

Having never purchased new appliances before...thoughts on brands to look at? Better to spend more money on one, while skimping on the others? Thanks!
Dr. Doctor
AG
I would pick a color scheme and get a stove/range you like that is more basic. Ours has a few more buttons than I would like, but that's for the oven. Less features (especially electronic) means less to break...

For a microwave, you could probably forgo one and get a counter top one later (if you have an old dorm one around) for a bit. I hate built in microwaves; if they break and aren't a common size anymore, you'll spend a fortune finding a 'fitting one' or a fitting kit (whatever they are called).

Everything else is what you want (Fridge - side by side, traditional, french, etc.) and what color/style you want to go with.

I like Samsung for fridges (no issues), but YMMV. Bosch makes good dishwashers; nice and quiet.

Google will tell you who actually makes the unit; that's more important than the brand on front (as the brand in front usually didn't make it).

my $0.02

~egon
The Fife
A house still in the process of being flipped? I'd proceed with caution, and buy whatever you plan on getting online.
histag10
AG
i agree on Samsung, but with a $6500 budget, I dont know that it would make financial sense
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.