Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Home camera/monitoring system

2,066 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jay040
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs for an supplier/installer for a camera system for my home? We want to install 4 or 5 cameras around the perimeter of the house.

I'm in the DFW area.
TLA02
AG
Check out ARLO. Completely wireless.
Can set it up yourself. Free online storage and can check in from smart phones.
https://arlo.netgear.com/#/useMobile
DeBoss
AG
ARLO looks awesome, but does it actually work and to what range? And how often do you have to change the batteries?
jay040
I have an Arlo system - The furthest camera is outdoors in my backyard, and is approximately 45 feet from the bast station.1 story home, brick siding. Connectivity is not an issue - the video is as clear as the indoor camera and the one only 15 feet away in the front of the house. It's waterproof as advertised. I don't remember exactly when I put the cameras out, but for my outdoor one, which only activates a few times a day (dog or squirrels), it's been at least 4 months without having to replace the battery. I don't pay for a the extra cloud storage, but haven't had any issues with storage. It's not the greatest if you want to live stream on your phone, but it is possible. I have mine setup to generate email alerts whenever motion is detected, but you can also have it do text messages, I believe.
jay040
There are quite a few of us who normally reside in The Nerdery who have Arlo systems if you're looking for extra input.
Towns03
AG
how does the arlo work in low/no light situations?
jay040
It works great - infrared -

edit - this is not my actual photo, but it is a really clear picture.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.