Water drainage regulations?

1,993 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by SumAggie
Kjodie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had a builder tear down the house next door to me. They then built up and leveled the plot, the built a huge contemporary house with a slanted roof that all runs off towards my lot. All the new dirt and extra runoff are now running under my fence and eroding my backyard. I know their is some regulation or code against this, they have to accommodate for the changed drainage pattern that they have created.

Does anyone know the code or regulation? Dallas County btw.
I.Y.A.C.Y.A.S. '91
Ryan the Temp
AG
no, that is not permissible under Texas state law. Code requires that water flow to the public way. The only exception is if there is a natural flow that existed prior to development.
lb3
AG
Kjodie
Ryan, do you know which law or code? When I talk to the builder and don't want there to be any doubt in his mind that he needs to fix it or be sued to fix it.
Aggietaco
AG
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/WA/htm/WA.11.htm

Ask to review his site plan. If the City/County approved it (and they built per plan), you'll have to visit them as well.
Kjodie
THANK YOU TACO!!
lb3
AG
JBLHAG03
AG
I feel for you back there kjodie. These houses are getting out of control. Glad im in northlake with the poor folk.
SumAggie
It is illegal in most states to divert the natural flow of water on your property onto an adjoining property.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.