Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Home Depot vs. Lowes Extended Warranty

13,179 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by BourbonAg
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone had any good/bad experiences with either company. I can get the fridge I want from either for the price I want, just need to figure out if one has a better reputation for customer service on warranty calls.

Thanks
Olag00
AG
My worst experience was with a Lowes washing machine. It stopped working correctly, called Lowes, they sent a technician a couple of days later, technician ordered a part, technician came back 3 days later to install part, still not working. Technician was going to "talk" to supervisor and try to come up with a solution. 3 days went by no news. I called Lowes again and they said they would have to send another technician to repeat the whole diagnosis process again. This was after several "4 hour" window "vacation" hours I had to use to be home. I told them I didn't want to go through the whole deal again and to see if I could get store credit and I would buy a new one paying the difference from the store credit. They said no. I told them to shove it and dont proceed with the warranty ticket. I have since "boycotted" Lowes.

2 weeks went by with no functioning washing machine (I know it isn't like an air conditioner being out but it was a major inconvenience).

Other than the washer, I had a lot of success with Lowes warranty in smaller items like Dremels, drills, portable air conditioners, etc)
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I've had good experiences with HD warranty on my French door fridge. Had to call them twice. My parents got the run around from Lowes
AW 1880
AG
I had a similar washer experience. After a couple of weeks without a washer, they provided me with a temporary. Ultimately they ended up replacing my washer with a nicer/newer model.
Rexter
I hate HD. We've bought all of our appliances for the last 2 homes from Lowes. I use a 10% discount from the USPS change of address kit, and buy when they run a 20% off sale on a brand package. Last time, I opened a charge account to get an extra 10% off. I did the extended warranty on everything. This past winter the fridge started freezing everything. After 3 service calls, the warranty dept give me a run around. I went to the store CS and talked to the dept manager. That evening I had a brand new fridge with a new 5yr warranty for no money out of my pocket. I would have been ok with paying for the new warranty, but she covered it due to the hassle of dealing with the folks on the phone. She looked at my purchase history and said "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you as a customer", and she got it done.
pnut02
AG
You might also consider SquareTrade for your warranty
BourbonAg
AG
quote:
You might also consider SquareTrade for your warranty
I have had great luck with SquareTrade on my washing machine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.