our home is mostly finished!

11,064 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Cru
Cru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Mostly finished!

Front door, painted with SW Raisin. Cru and I plan to change that hardware sometime soon, probably satin nickel or something.

Foyer and dining. Left the area above the chair rail as is (mostly because we didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the top, hahaha) and painted below the chair rail with SW Temperate Taupe.

Living room. Painted all over with SW Temperate Taupe. Still haven't put up my quilt, will post pics when I do that.

Breakfast nook and kitchen. SW Temperate Taupe again (I used almost 3 gallons of the stuff). There was a wallpaper border all around the top, and it was on top of beautiful stained wood above the cabinets. I could not save the wood while trying to take off the wallpaper adhesive. So it was painted. It looks nice but it would have been better if it was the pretty wood. ALSO that is a new backsplash. Stainless steel tiled, done by yours truly. I finished at about noon yesterday. I love it, it really opens up the kitchen and makes it brighter, reflects light better.

Hall bath. SW Veiled Violet. new ORB fixtures. there are some new towel racks in there as well, that I put in after taking the pictures.

I have not started on the master bath yet. That's just an undertaking I'm not willing to do at this moment; maybe next summer. We will also be replacing fixtures throughout the house as money allows. I had initially planned on painting the back walls of my built in bookcases with a dark plum color, but seeing as this is not our forever home, I need to make sure I don't customize too much and reduce resale. Plus, I like the contrast of the white bookcases with the medium taupe walls, it's very pleasing to my eye. SoTheySay was our realtor when we were buying the house (she's a realtor on Aggieland board if yall don't know). She walked in yesterday evening, saw the kitchen, and gushed. "I love it!" She said it definitely helps the resale value. Whew!

Cru said something yesterday and I agree with him. "It feels like it's MY home now." Yes, DH, indeed it does. It's home.
aglaohfour
AG
I love that backsplash! How labor intensive was it?
Tree Hugger
AG
I think I'm in love with your cook top
Mom Class of '03,'05 and '09
S
I'm in love with the whole house! Cheer, you have done a wonderful job and should be soooo happy.
Cru
S
quote:
I love that backsplash! How labor intensive was it?

It wasn't difficult, exactly, just tedious. The gauge was thin enough to cut with sharp scissors. I used double sided mounting tape (came with the tiles) supplemented with liquid nails to apply them. The trim was the hardest, since that was a thicker gauge. I had to borrow a neighbor's jigsaw to cut those pieces. It took me about 2.5 solid days (like 8 hour days) of work to get it all up.

[This message has been edited by cru (edited 8/29/2014 3:07p).]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.