Cameron Country Club (Cameron, TX)

1,420 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by JYDog90
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cameron Country Club is a 9-hole course in Cameron, TX it's my home course and is semi-private. It's a fun little course if you like exploring the small-town clubs. The club just acquired 10 rental carts, so if you're looking for a fun round in the Brazos Valley/Central TX area come visit!

$40 green fee + cart

Any other small community clubs yall like to visit?

TMfrisco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been playing at CCC for 40 years now. For 37 of them the conditions were - to be charitable - marginal. For the last 3 at least the greens have been really good.
I have had many a great time out there playing with the people from Cameron. Their M/G is this weekend and that used to be quite the Calcutta.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wait its semi-private? Neighbors always told our folks it was private. My parents live near Burlington. My brother and I always wondered if we could ever go play there
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

Wait its semi-private? Neighbors always told our folks it was private. My parents live near Burlington. My brother and I always wondered if we could ever go play there


If you live outside 15 miles - it's available to play for non-members. If you're inside the 15-miles radius you can play on Wednesday's and participate in the weekly scramble. If you're inside the radius just join with a membership.

The kitchen inside is open to guests as well and food is really good. Eating lunch here with my daughter as I type this.
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TMfrisco said:

I've been playing at CCC for 40 years now. For 37 of them the conditions were - to be charitable - marginal. For the last 3 at least the greens have been really good.
I have had many a great time out there playing with the people from Cameron. Their M/G is this weekend and that used to be quite the Calcutta.


That's a fair assessment. Definitely good people out here and lots of effort for improvement has been made and continues to be made.

We moved here in 2024 and for a small town club I didn't expect much but it's actually pretty good for what it is. Don't expect Pebble Creek/Traditions/etc by any means but it's certainly a fun layout and course. Especially for practice and easy walk-in tee times.

Member-Guest activity is ramping up for the week. Active time to be around for sure! It's fun.
inozips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like the 9 in Hallettsville, Weimer & Columbus. Cuero / Gonzales / Goliad are ok, I don't remember much about the golf course but Frisch Auf in La Grange used to have beer at the perfect temperature after a summer 9...
98Ag99Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is the Yoakum 9-holer still open? Used to play there with my cousins who lived in Shiner. For what it was, wasn't bad at all. Had a tricky little par 3 towards the end.
Ag4life80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious about Caldwell CC ? Drive by Country Club Rd off Hwy 36 all the time
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag4life80 said:

Curious about Caldwell CC ? Drive by Country Club Rd off Hwy 36 all the time


Caldwell-Rockdale-Cameron used to have a membership agreement but not anymore. Haven't heard much about Caldwell, but Rockdale is pretty active and growing too from what I can tell. Been awhile since I've been over there.
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wareagle044 said:

wangus12 said:

Wait its semi-private? Neighbors always told our folks it was private. My parents live near Burlington. My brother and I always wondered if we could ever go play there


If you live outside 15 miles - it's available to play for non-members. If you're inside the 15-miles radius you can play on Wednesday's and participate in the weekly scramble. If you're inside the radius just join with a membership.

The kitchen inside is open to guests as well and food is really good. Eating lunch here with my daughter as I type this.

My folks are outside 15 miles, but they aren't golfers anyways. My brother and I will have to check it out when we are back down there on a weekend we aren't messing with cows
basic8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fannin Oaks, Madisonville. Been awhile. always seem to be trying. Summer is hard for all these courses.
TJH_16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Played Cuero probably a year ago and the new grass they had was in great shape. I heard it fell off during the drought but recent rains have helped. We drove by it a few weeks ago and it looked to be in good shape.
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wangus12 said:

wareagle044 said:

wangus12 said:

Wait its semi-private? Neighbors always told our folks it was private. My parents live near Burlington. My brother and I always wondered if we could ever go play there


If you live outside 15 miles - it's available to play for non-members. If you're inside the 15-miles radius you can play on Wednesday's and participate in the weekly scramble. If you're inside the radius just join with a membership.

The kitchen inside is open to guests as well and food is really good. Eating lunch here with my daughter as I type this.

My folks are outside 15 miles, but they aren't golfers anyways. My brother and I will have to check it out when we are back down there on a weekend we aren't messing with cows


Come check it out! My 6 year old and 4 year old sell the balls they collect from our lot across from Hole 3 fairway. They can load you up on "ammo" for the weekend! My daughter just washed and bagged up a bunch for member-guest this weekend.

I think there's a member rate for outside 15 miles if you come regularly that makes it make sense over paying the greens fee each time but don't quote me on that.
Old Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TJH_16 said:

Played Cuero probably a year ago and the new grass they had was in great shape. I heard it fell off during the drought but recent rains have helped. We drove by it a few weeks ago and it looked to be in good shape.

Cuero used to be a OK small town muni way back, but the Eagleford Shale $$ poured into it over the last several years had this track much improved from a 12-15 years ago. Fairways improved and the greens were very nice, however you'd have to train people to fix a ball mark or you'd be fixing them on your putting line from previous players the same day.

Have been hearing it is cart path only. Perhaps permanently. Been about 1.5 years since playing it, but CPO is bad enough as a rarity, but full time........ I'll wait for confirmation before considering. CPO as mandatory full time is a pass for me.
"Green" is the new RED.
TJH_16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Old Sarge said:

TJH_16 said:

Played Cuero probably a year ago and the new grass they had was in great shape. I heard it fell off during the drought but recent rains have helped. We drove by it a few weeks ago and it looked to be in good shape.

Cuero used to be a OK small town muni way back, but the Eagleford Shale $$ poured into it over the last several years had this track much improved from a 12-15 years ago. Fairways improved and the greens were very nice, however you'd have to train people to fix a ball mark or you'd be fixing them on your putting line from previous players the same day.

Have been hearing it is cart path only. Perhaps permanently. Been about 1.5 years since playing it, but CPO is bad enough as a rarity, but full time........ I'll wait for confirmation before considering. CPO as mandatory full time is a pass for me.


I'll be sure to call if I go out there, it's not too far and usually less crowded than Victoria courses. Prefer not to do CPO like you and probably everyone else
Matsui
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JYDog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag4life80 said:

Curious about Caldwell CC ? Drive by Country Club Rd off Hwy 36 all the time


Copperas Hollow Country Club in Caldwell is great. I gee up there. The greens are usually pretty good but grainy. They have a great 4-man with a great Calcutta the second week in September.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.