Need a ruling from the group

2,441 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by rkardys@yahoo.com
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
288 yards, 5mph downwind. Ball is 3" below your feet in light rough.

Do you go ahead and hit?

If you carry ~240 and it rolls the last 50 yards to 18", are you going to yell at the guy when he comes to apologize?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Humble brag of 288 yard approach to 18 inches?

They should've yelled fore.. And you should congratulate the good shot.

Pahdz
If a ball lightly rolls up to me no way, give them a "nice shot" when you see him, he likely didn't think he'd get into it like that.

If he flies you and it lands past you...yeah you have beef
khaos288
khaos288
AG
Yeah, I was the hitter, and thought it was rude to wait on a par 5 when that far out. No way I thought I would get the number, much less straight enough to be on target.

I hate hitting into people, but situationally, I thought I was in the right with an apology.
Pahdz
I would agree
TXAGGIES
If you constantly carry that club 250-260, your an ass. If you usually hit it 225-230 and you nut it, good shot
Pahdz
What if the group behind his on his ass?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
**** happens. Apologize and move on.
bowhuntr
Username checks out…roll ups on the green don't bother me. Anything to keep pace of play up.
khaos288
AG
I have a sim at home and 230 is a good carry for me with it for sure. Absolutely never carried it 260. That's longer than my average driver carry.
mt3950
AG
This is the answer…if this isn't the case, then no worries.
GolfAg93
S
Hey, look man.. somebody already said great shot. Take the compliment you came searching for and move it along…..
bdgol07
AG
Happens every now and then. We played a few weeks ago in Canada (at elevation), downhill, downwind and I hit a 6i off the tee of a 440yd par 5, because there was a local rule of not hitting anything longer than 200yds. I didn't hit it well at all and ended up on the left side short rough. I then hit a 6i again from 260 hoping to layup short of the green and stuck it to 2ft. Was a shot of a lifetime. Never expected to make contact like that, much less be on target. Luckily, no one was on the green.

I missed the putt for eagle
rononeill
After you do this, you tell your group you'll see them at the green and take off. When you get to the green you say: hey guys- I'm so sorry about that. Shot of a lifetime. It was one of those, if I waited for y'all to clear 100% it was gonna be a 120yd worm burner... but never expected to flush it and get 30 bonus yards.

Then they tell you it's totally cool and they know what you mean.
Ag_07
AG
khaos288 said:

I hate hitting into people, but situationally, I thought I was in the right with an apology.

Technically because of the result you weren't in the right. You were wrong and made an honest but apologized.

Sounds like other dude was being an ass.
khaos288
AG
Ag_07 said:

khaos288 said:

Technically because of the result you weren't in the right. You were wrong and made an honest but apologized.

Sounds like other dude was being an ass.
Yeah, bad wording there. More like, made it right with an apology on an honest mistake.
agsalaska
AG
Quote:

I missed the putt for eagle
F Golf
tlfw378
AG
If you have the possibility of making the green…wait a few seconds for the green to clear. Then send it! If you covered the 288 yards to 18"…you already know this. Nice shot, should have waited a few more seconds.
concac
AG
bowhuntr said:

Username checks out…roll ups on the green don't bother me. Anything to keep pace of play up.
I'm all about maintaining a good pace of play but no way am I okay with this. It doesn't matter if the ball is slowly rolling up on the green, you shouldn't be hitting up on anybody.

I'm a fast player but I'm not rushing for anybody. If time is so valuable to you that you just can't relax and chill out, maybe golf is not the game for you.
khaos288
AG
At what point do you draw the line? If it's your 235 club and you're 288 out…300? 315?

It was a skins game, and the dude was pretty heated even after the apology. I told them in the club house I don't mind waiting on every shot from now on. It'll just make the pace of play argument worse, which they all conveniently talk just as much about.
concac
AG
khaos288 said:

At what point do you draw the line? If it's your 235 club and you're 288 out…300? 315?

It was a skins game, and the dude was pretty heated even after the apology. I told them in the club house I don't mind waiting on every shot from now on. It'll just make the pace of play argument worse, which they all conveniently talk just as much about.
You hit a miracle shot so I wasn't specifically responding about your situation. I've done that before and as recently as last week. However, seems like bowhunter is okay being hit up upon as long as the ball is rolling on to the green just for the sake of speeding up play.
khaos288
AG
concac said:

khaos288 said:

You hit a miracle shot so I wasn't specifically responding about your situation. I've done that before and as recently as last week. However, seems like bowhunter is okay being hit up upon as long as the ball is rolling on to the green just for the sake of speeding up play.
Ah I gotcha. Yeah, I straight up told them I'll wait on every shot, and that was their preference. I thought that was crazy, because those miracle shots are so rare. I'll do what the group votes though.
AggieDruggist89
AG
khaos288 said:

He needs to be ***** slapped.

Or told to stfu little *****.

And then a parking lot brawl and bust his nose.

These kind of physical violence should be brought back. Solves many issues.
93MarineHorn
I was playing at Lago Vista (stay away, greens are beyond terrible) a few months ago as a single that came upon a threesome at #10, par 5. I was easily 300 yards out from the green and smoked a downwind low bullet hybrid that chased out to about 20 yards short of the green. I never yelled "fore" or apologized later because they were on the green and I didn't think it was remotely necessary. The three guys in front of me complained to the marshal that just happened to arrive at the #11 tee box and said that I had hit into them. People have wildly different expectations of when it is appropriate to hit and what is considered "being hit into".

The marshal took my side and asked them to let me play thru.
khaos288
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

khaos288 said:

He needs to be ***** slapped.

Or told to stfu little *****.

And then a parking lot brawl and bust his nose.

These kind of physical violence should be brought back. Solves many issues.
Lol. He was just drunk and slamming chairs in the clubhouse because the eagle paid, and other unrelated drama. I didn't even get out of my chair because when you're 6'3 190, people take that as escalation.
rkardys@yahoo.com
I was playing in a charity tournament with a scramble format. On three of the first six holes, the team behind us landed shots on the green while we were still on it. We were keeping up with the group ahead of us. The first time it happened, one of their players drove up and apologized. We all laughed and complimented him on a great shot. When it happened the third time, one of our group was going to hit the ball back at them, but instead another member of our team picked up the ball and placed it on a tee where it was lying on the green. We all had a good laugh and had no more problems on the remaining 12 holes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.