Nashville Golf

973 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nom de Plume
SouthAustinAgSwag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to a conference in downtown Nashville in February. What course should I play when I'm there?
Chipotlemonger
AG
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Going to a conference in downtown Nashville in February. What course should I play when I'm there?

I never played enough around there when I lived there so I couldn't give the best course suggestion, but just a heads up, February is not a friendly weather month in Nashville.
Outlaw0206
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

but just a heads up, February is not a friendly weather month in Nashville.

This. You may luck out, but usually Feb is colder depending when in the month you go. 40s. Everything is dormant.

Recommendations:
Hermitage - Popular among visitors to the area. 2 - 18 hole courses.
Harper Hills - Consistently a nice course
Gaylord Springs - Believe top rated public course in area.
Chipotlemonger
AG
40s, and there is a chance to have snow and ice to deal with as well.
AustinCountyAg
Gaylord and Hermitage are your best bets. Gaylord is cool because you will often times see country singers there playing if that appeals to you at all? The course is also very good and scenic with the river running next to it.
GigEmJake17
AG
Greystone in Dickson. Worth the drive and is extremely reasonably priced for what you get. Hosted the Tennessee state open.
Baby Billy
AG
Hermitage is really nice. There are Scottish Blackface Sheep walking around all over the place which was cool.

Harper Hills is okay. Decent old golf course, back nine is really pretty.

Probably a long shot, but I had the opportunity to play Golf Club of Tennessee and it is easily my favorite course on the planet.
AustinCountyAg
AustinCountyAg said:

Gaylord and Hermitage are your best bets. Gaylord is cool because you will often times see country singers there playing if that appeals to you at all? The course is also very good and scenic with the river running next to it.
ETA: Nashville is a sneaky underrated golf trip location. Went up there a couple years ago (buddy was living there) and we played several public courses along with a couple privates in the area and all courses were great. Also made the drive to Sweeten's which was on another level of badassness. Of course this was right before it completely blew up to what it is now.
Nom de Plume
AG
I played Hermitage in August and it was really nice.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.