Scotty Cameron Grips

1,952 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Legend
Legend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have the pistolero grip on my putter but want to try something fatter like a super stroke 2.0. It looks like the Matador is the right grip, but they are totally sold out on the Scotty website. I was just going to try a super stroke, but the guy at the store said it would mess up the weight and you should only use Scotty grips.

What do the TexAgs golf experts say?

_______________________ Larry Legend
powerbelly
AG
Legend said:

I have the pistolero grip on my putter but want to try something fatter like a super stroke 2.0. It looks like the Matador is the right grip, but they are totally sold out on the Scotty website. I was just going to try a super stroke, but the guy at the store said it would mess up the weight and you should only use Scotty grips.

The guy at the store isn't correct re: only using scotty grips. Your pistolero weighs 81 grams. The large matador weighs 68 grams. There are several superstrokes with similar weights (within 1 or 2 grams). The 2.0 is 55 grams. Either lighter grip with change the feel, but you can counterweight to get the same head feel in my experience.

BigHitterDaLama
I love the Scotty Matador midsize. I would use it on my non scotty putter if I could find a generic non Scotty one, ie Winn no label.

Edit: and If they made one, it would be 12.99 vs 39.99
yaterag
AG
I've never even considered only using a certain branded grip on a certain club. I'm not sure any of my Scotty's still have factory grips on them. They probably all have some version of a Winn since that is what I use 90% of the time.
limup1215
AG
Just got a Scotty matador midsize off of eBay. Not cheap but there are several available.
Legend
AG
Did they stop making them? They're sold out on the Scotty website and obviously super expensive on eBay.
BigHitterDaLama
My local stores have tons of em
txaggie2012
AG
Legend said:

I have a super stroke on my scotty. Didn't notice anything I didn't like
Legend
AG
BigHitterDaLama said:

What stores? I checked golf galaxy and PGA superstore.
limup1215
AG
I usually see them at Edwin Watts Golf.
aginlakeway
AG
txaggie2012 said:

Legend said:

I have a super stroke on my scotty. Didn't notice anything I didn't like

Hold on. I thought you said you were done after posting the Mack Brown video. Not true?
BigHitterDaLama
Legend said:

BigHitterDaLama said:

What stores? I checked golf galaxy and PGA superstore.
I dont live in Tejas amigo. Tell me what color way you want.

I can grab you one at 39.99 plus tax and ship it to you if you'd like.

The local stores near me are Pro Golf Discount and Puetz (both near Chambers Bay, WA).
powerbelly
AG
Dallas Golf on Miller Rd usually has Scotty grips in stock.
Legend
AG
I tried to order one at the golf shop. They said Scotty is not shipping individual grips until the fall due to a production shortage.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.