2021 US Open Fans

1,090 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasAggie89
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We planned a trip to San Diego for our daughter to make up for the trip we missed for her graduation in 2020. In addition to the family activities, it lined up where we could attend the open on Thursday. I bought two tickets about six months ago. Just got an email that they're canceling the ticket purchase and re selling a limited number of tickets next week. Highlights of the changes:

USGA Members get first priority
Ticket holders who bought with AMEX get second priority (wtf?)
Victory Club Members get third priority

All attendees must show proof of vaccination minimum 14 days prior to the tournament.

This was just a bonus activity for the trip, but really rubs me the wrong way for a couple reasons. Thoughts?

https://www.usopen.com/2021/articles0/limited-fans-permitted-for-2021-u-s--open.html
Trucker 96
Total bull**** to cancel and resell
powerbelly
AG
Pure bull*****
JCA1
AG
That's right up there with how they handled the Ryder Cup tickets.
Trucker 96
There are times when I think the USGA's strategy is to say "What would Augusta National do?" and then do the complete opposite. This is one of those times.

If you have to cancel some tickets for legit reasons, then do so. But to do that and then turn around and resell them like it's a Justin Bieber fan club concert ticket process is ridiculous
DallasAggie89
AG
Met some guys that had tickets to next month's PGA Championship. Said they got an email stating that the PGA was reducing daily capacity from 40k to 10k and that their tickets didn't get picked in the lottery. Got their money refunded.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.