Hole in one

3,163 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baron von Bulsh
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of our usual group picked up his first today. Short, short par 3, 85 yards straight up hill at Brack. 2 bounces and then rolls right in the cup. We've been playing together for 30 years and it was fun to see. ****ers won the back because he birdied #11 too.

Keep hacking boys, it will happen.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I got as close as I have been this weekend, 164 yards to the pin 8 iron on 11 at Riverside in Austin. Landed about 5 feet in front of the pin, one forward hop then it spun back about 3 leaving me a six footer that I promptly left on the rim for a tap in par. I was honestly more impressed with the backspin than anything
jonj101
Good stuff!

Haven't played Brackenridge in years - how is it? Thinking of making a quick run to the SA area.
jgh85Ag
AG
Decent condition for a muni but no where near worth the price they charge. Course is in rough condition for its price point.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
AG
Greens are pretty good, but way too many bare patches in the fairways all over the course. Bunkers were basically unplayable, they need new sand in a lot of them.
Trinity Ag
S
Never had a hole in one in over 35 years of golf. Only actually seen one.

Congrats to your buddy.

...but 85 yards? I've never seen a hole that short that wasn't a pitch & putt.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Had one hole in one way back when I first started it was a sliced 5 iron that rolled up on the green and in. Was playing as a single with some guys I didn't know. Would really like to get one with with the guys I normally play with now and have it be a better shot than rolling up a slice. Lol
jgh85Ag
AG
Typical texags golf board response.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
AG
Trinity Ag said:

Congrats to your buddy.

You ever watch coverage of Pebble Beach, #7?

When they rehabbed Brack a number of years ago to get back to the original layout, 281 impacted the original footprint. Most of the time the senior tees are on the short side of the drainage in front of the back tees. 16 is also a geeked up hole. But thanks for your input.
Trinity Ag
S
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Trinity Ag said:

Congrats to your buddy.

You ever watch coverage of Pebble Beach, #7?

When they rehabbed Brack a number of years ago to get back to the original layout, 281 impacted the original footprint. Most of the time the senior tees are on the short side of the drainage in front of the back tees. 16 is also a geeked up hole. But thanks for your input.
I played Brack a couple of times back in the 80s. It was not bad, but it was definitely short due to the constrained space.

I seem to recall that at the time it held the PGA scoring record of 59 from a tour tournament way back in the day.

Didn't mean to crap on your buddy's ace. Chalk it up to jealousy.
safety guy
AG
If I ever get a hole in one, it likely be a complete mis hit and the ball will roll halfway onto the green and into the cup. Won't be able to totally enjoy because of the lousy shot with great result.
jonj101
safety guy said:

If I ever get a hole in one, it likely be a complete mis hit and the ball will roll halfway onto the green and into the cup. Won't be able to totally enjoy because of the lousy shot with great result.
No disrespect, but I'm going to have to doubt that.
AG
The whole back nine was flipped during reconstruction, took out two par threes completely and relocated them, one which was one of my hole in ones. It was 18 so I didn't have to hit a shot after and it was a fairly ugly shot. I probably would have whiffed if I had to swing again.
MookieBlaylock
AG
85 yards

Not saying it doesnt count but people can throw the ball that far
safety guy
AG
jonj101 said:

safety guy said:

No disrespect, but I'm going to have to doubt that.

Oh, believe me I would be ecstatic. But telling the story would always be "yeah, but......". At the end of the day it is the result. But I would want it to be on a clean or decent strike.
DOCAG79
AG
Had my one and only hitting a 4 iron on a 194 yard hole! Did not see it go in because it was uphill over a front side bunker.
For those thinking they will not be excited at a bad shot going in, I witnessed one where the guy simply skulled a 7 iron off the tee, never getting more than 10 feet off the ground, but rolled into the cup! The guy and our whole group went crazy (lots of beer involved) and he could not get the smile off his face!
jckrjr7
AG
I had one that was tracking right at the flag at Kiawah Island Ocean Course this past Saturday. Came up a few yard short.
jagvocate
AG
I have a double eagle in a tournament but have never seen a hole in one in person. Congrats to anyone that gets one!

Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Had one at 21 at a crappy muni, 8 iron from 163.
Played the next day, same tees, they hadn't moved the cup and I used the same ball. Hit the bottom of the stick and ricocheted off the green for an up and down par. Both shots were perfectly pure, got to get a little luck to get one to go down. Haven't been closer than a foot in 16 years since
Old Town Ag
AG
Got 2
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

85 yards

Blue tees are always about 135ish, senior tees are up front, usually 95-100ish. Ain't no senior throwing a golf ball 85 yards up hill and not having to visit the orthopedic surgeon afterwards.
DadAG10
MookieBlaylock said:

85 yards

Good, let's see you throw it within 10 feet.

jgh85Ag
AG
Just for future reference, how long does the hole have to be to count as a hole in one?
Poot
Pro golfer, Martin Flores (OU via Mansfield), made a hole in one at Roy Kizer during State on a hole that was playing 110 yards or so... a buddy of mine from Kingwood congratulated him by telling him he's chipped in before, but never got to call it a hole in one.
jonj101
I wouldn't care if I was on a pitch and putt or a Par 3 course. An Ace is an Ace to me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
jonj101 said:

I wouldn't care if I was on a pitch and putt or a Par 3 course. An Ace is an Ace to me.
Agreed with this. If I dunk one on Austin's Butler Pitch & Putt course, you better believe it's a hole in one.
CapCityAg89
AG
2002 or so I'm played my with random guy at Jimmy Clay in Austin. #2 he hits pin high bounce and spin back in. I was super excited. Told everyone.

A week later. I'm at #4 at old Bluebonnet (RIP). Two bounces and in. Super excited.

Roughly 20 years of golf before and 20 years since. Those two are the only ones I've seen.
CapCityAg89
AG
And when asked, my grandfather always responded: "three plus a hole in three". Water-tee-hole.
Danny Vermin
Closest I ever came was at Plantation in plano. It's a very short par 3 and has a huge tree in between the green and the street. I hit a rocket that would have rolled forever but nailed the tree and bounced back to within 3 inches of the cup.
Baron von Bulsh
safety guy said:

That was my buddy. He thinned a wedge that landed on the green, then rolled about 30 feet uphill and dropped.

I give him hell that it was a complete mis hit, and he gives me hell that he has an ace and I don't.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.