Kid's Clubs

1,540 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoDog
GQaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My 4 year old enjoys going out to the golf course with me. He mostly likes playing in the bunkers and riding in the cart but does like to hit 5-10 balls on the range and then "play" 2-3 holes. My club has a random collection of kids' clubs, but depending on the effort level of whatever staff is there, they often bring him one that is way too long. I am thinking about getting him some clubs that actually fit him. He has 2 year old twin sisters who will also be able to use them in a couple of years, so I was thinking about getting something decent that will last. Any recommendations? This is how I am leaning so far:

https://uskidsgolf.com/ul42s-4-club-set-grey-yellow-bag

They also have a "training" set that puts your hands in the proper grip. Anyone use something similar for their kids?
Cigars & Scotch
GQaggie said:

My 4 year old enjoys going out to the golf course with me. He mostly likes playing in the bunkers and riding in the cart but does like to hit 5-10 balls on the range and then "play" 2-3 holes. My club has a random collection of kids' clubs, but depending on the effort level of whatever staff is there, they often bring him one that is way too long. I am thinking about getting him some clubs that actually fit him. He has 2 year old twin sisters who will also be able to use them in a couple of years, so I was thinking about getting something decent that will last. Any recommendations? This is how I am leaning so far:

https://uskidsgolf.com/ul42s-4-club-set-grey-yellow-bag

They also have a "training" set that puts your hands in the proper grip. Anyone use something similar for their kids?
I bought those for my daughter when she first started, we liked them and a number of kid at our club started with the US Kids stuff also. When she grew out of them I bought her a set of Ping irons from second swing, kids out grow clubs faster than you would think!
jj9000
AG
US Kids is the way to go for all ages, at all skill levels.

With that being said, you may be better off just buying a single USK putter and a 7 iron off eBay.

At 4 YO, the kid isn't going to miss out on anything spectacular by only swinging a 7 iron.

He'll grow out of the set faster than you can blink an eye, and you'll be buying another set.
Mr. Frodo
AG
At 4 id keep it low tech ... maybe 7 fairway and a putter.
My oldest is a girl and it took me a few sets to realize younger brother could be using sisters set.
Transfer worked better with neutral colors for bags and such.
Posted a set for sale a few weeks ago but you are a few years out.
Its the last us kids set we bought before getting regular mens clubs.
HouAggie
AG
US Kids clubs are great. I'd start with the Ultralight Series and if they get serious in a few years, the Tour Series.
Earp16
AG
I agree with JJ's post. Santa brought my 5 yr old a set of US Kids last year. He's pretty much grown out of them, and I don't get him out to the course with me often enough. Could have just stuck a putter and driver or 7i in my bag and enjoyed just the same. Although he does like the feeling of having his own bag.

Either way US Kids is the way to go!
dallasiteinsa02
My 6 year old has a set from US Kids. They are great. When he wasn't hitting it well a few days ago, he blamed it on the clubs. I think I know where he picked up that habit. I then proceeded to hit his little driver 200 yards right down the middle. Not really sure how it did it, but it was a great father son moment. I attempted again later when he wasn't present a topped it about 20 yards. He doesn't have to know about that one.
BoDog
AG
If he keeps it up by age 10 get him Ping Prodi-Gs. Clubs are legit (and I hate Pings). I never thought equipment matters that much but my son got good pretty quick after getting a set of those.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.