Club Corp Members

6,700 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 07fta07
Dr.Pepper7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New to the club corp membership and was wondering if these two free rounds (cart fee not included) is legit for any club corp course? I see The Woodlands - Tournament course on there and find it hard to believe they'll let other club corp members play there for free.

Any insight?
AustinCountyAg
It depends for which membership benefit plan you have..... I'm a travel member(play away) and yes I can play the tournament course for cart fee only. Some cart fees are higher than others though. Woodlands recently raised cart fee prices though I think. I played the Palmer course last Friday and it was $27
Pinche Guero
AG
Yeah its legit, just cant play Friday afternoon or Saturday at most courses. They have a new app that makes booking tee times much easier too.
Dr.Pepper7
AG
Okay great, thanks guys!

And what about access to courses after the free two rounds? Is it guest fee?
inozips
AG
Real deal if Signature Gold or a One member, another $50-ish a month. Have been restricted to after noon on weekends at some places, in Arizona mostly. Associate clubs like Traditions are more restrictive. Forget about a football weekend. Cart fees vary per club. It is a nice perk if you travel even within Texas.
07fta07
AG
It's 2 rounds per month per Clubcorp course for a cart fee. Depending on your home course, you could get Tournament course for a cart fee but most ClubCorp members will pay $75 for there, Deerwood, and Bay Oaks in the Houston area.

Full members of a Houston Clubcorp club are shut out of other Houston courses from 12 Friday to 12 Sunday. YEX members can't play other Houston courses before 10 on Saturday and Sunday.
HouAggie2007
Anyone have a membership through the Downtown club? I don't live close enough to a clubcorp course to get my monies worth but am close enough to downtown that I might be able to make it work
Pinche Guero
AG
I have a ONE membership through the Downtown club and it has most of the golf stuff. The gym is kinda old, but never crowded. You can also use the Met downtown which is much nicer
AustinCountyAg
Also want to add that with my play away membership I get the two "free" meals at any downtown club clubcorp has as well.

The wife and I usually hit up the one downtown once every month or two for date night. Pretty nice eating a four course meal for two and only paying about $20 total. FWIW we ate the one in Chicago last month and it was the best fillet I ever had.

My membership is well worth the $60 a month.
1990AG
AG
I'm a ONE member and we play all over when we travel for free....a lot of times the rentals are free also

FriscoAg
AG
inozips said:

Real deal if Signature Gold or a One member, another $50-ish a month. Have been restricted to after noon on weekends at some places, in Arizona mostly. Associate clubs like Traditions are more restrictive. Forget about a football weekend. Cart fees vary per club. It is a nice perk if you travel even within Texas.

Where do you see that Traditions is an associate club to ClubCorp?
07fta07
AG
They may not be an "associate club" but Clubcorp members have playing privileges there for a cart fee.
FriscoAg
AG
That's great to hear.
HouAggie2007
What does the cost run compared to membership at a club?
Flounder Dorfman
AG
I'm bringing this thread back up because I am trying to gather up information so I can make an informed decision here. So if I understand correctly, to get a ClubCorp membership you need to pick a specific club to join? And then once a member, you're allowed to play any club in the network up to two times a month for a cart fee?

So for instance, if I joined Stonebridge Ranch in McKinney, I can play there as often as I want and could play Stonebriar twice a month and Gleneagles twice a month?

What if I just want to sit in the bar and have a couple of beers? I can walk into Stonebriar's 19th hole and put it on my tab at Stonebridge Ranch?

Something in here doesn't sound right.
ChoppinDs40
AG
Depends on your level of membership. Playing at those other courses also has tee time restrictions. You will never get a round before 11am.

New membership levels actually restrict your tee times at your home course.

Technically, you have to call ahead to go to other clubs. But, if you know the 19th hole at Stonebriar, just walk in, sit down, and give your membership number (which is universal to all clubcorp clubs).

I was a member at GlenEagles for a few years but am now out at Gentle Creek.
DadAG10
There has been some re-tiering and I believe there is an upcharge on top of the cart fee for Glen Eagles and Stonebriar.

From what I have seen, there are limited tee times at the "premier" locations, like one tee time per day and not the best time of day.
ChoppinDs40
AG
DadAG10 said:

There has been some re-tiering and I believe there is an upcharge on top of the cart fee for Glen Eagles and Stonebriar.

From what I have seen, there are limited tee times at the "premier" locations, like one tee time per day and not the best time of day.
piggy backing here.

That's correct. Also, I think you have to be in the top tier to get on at the "top tier" courses.

I believe the only ones in Dallas of those are Gleneagles, Stonebriar, and the Dye course at Stonebridge.

That could all be different now.

From the last time I spoke with a CC member, the packages went to a more "this is when you're allowed to book a tee time".

Basically, the most expensive packages (>40 since everyone else was YEX) got you the before noon tee times.

I digress, but it doesn't really matter anyways. Those olds had scripts written to book all the first tee times when available. I was a member at GE for almost 2 years and was never able to play before 10am on a weekend, even if I was on the app at 7am the day of booking.
07fta07
AG
They've gone to tiers as mentioned. Prices at other courses depend on their tier and your tier.

I'm in the 2nd tier (they're color coded and I can't remember my color). But I can play tier 1 or 2 for a cart fee. Tier 3 is I believe $25 plus cart fee and tier 4 is $50 plus cart fee. If your home club is tier 4 then everything is just cart fee. The majority of clubs seem to fall into tier 2 with some of the better ones in 3 and 4.

Some courses may have tee time restrictions at your home club but mine is not one of those. Everyone is on equal footing.
YourFavAggie
AG
The only time you will have tee time restrictions at your own club will be when you have a 'limited' membership. If you have a full access membership, your only limitations to tee times is others booking before you
Eyes of texas Crying
Ezra Brooks
AG
Where do we learn about the "Tier System"?

I am at Kingwood Country Club - albeit just a fitness level member, but I haven't seen any mention of this yet from KWCC.
07fta07
AG
Check the Clubcorp website. They went away from ONE to something they're calling XLife months ago. Everything changed.
Yesterday
AG
The top tier clubs were losing members fast due to everyone being able to play their course. I used to play Bears Best in Vegas for $40 and free rentals. Tried to book a month ago and it was $150. Dont blame them. It was a heck of a deal.
Flounder Dorfman
AG
07fta07 said:

Check the Clubcorp website. They went away from ONE to something they're calling XLife months ago. Everything changed.

That's what I am trying to understand. Reading their website it damn near looks like you can play wherever you want. I'm pretty sure you can go to any CkubCorp bar you want, so now we're talking tee times. I can't see how Stonebriar can pull in their asking price in initiating fees if that's the case.
YourFavAggie
AG
There are a select number of clubs that you can't play if you are not a member, but they can play lower tiered clubs twice a month
Eyes of texas Crying
'03ag
Anyone know the tier for Trophy Club, and what dues are for 40+ ?
Yesterday
AG
'03ag said:

Anyone know the tier for Trophy Club, and what dues are for 40+ ?

If it's like Hackberry they're bottom rung, dues are ~$400-450 and it's a $5k initiation. No discount in initiation right now at Hackberry. They just moved to this. Apparently we're turning away a lot of new members because we've been full for a while. Golf is very popular right now.
DadAG10
Yesterday said:

If it's like Hackberry they're bottom rung, dues are ~$400-450 and it's a $5k initiation.
Is that full or YEX?
Yesterday
AG
DadAG10 said:

Yesterday said:

If it's like Hackberry they're bottom rung, dues are ~$400-450 and it's a $5k initiation.
Is that full or YEX?
No more YEX unless you're grandfathered into that price, but YEX is gone.
07fta07
AG
Technically yes you can play anywhere. Now, getting a tee time is a different story. They don't set aside many times for outside play each day. I'm in Houston and I know in Houston I can't play another clubcorp between 12:00 Friday and 12:00 Sunday, but that restriction goes away when I got out of town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.