ClubCorp Courses - Atlanta Area

1,351 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BigLeftMiss08
BigLeftMiss08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A few buddies and I are looking for a round to play in the Atlanta area. Does anyone have any recommendations? It could also be a Club Corp course since one of the guys is a member with them. We will be heading to Lake Oconee after the round so something south side or on the way would be ideal.
schwabbin
AG
Several good courses at Lake Oconee. I'd recommend getting out of town early and playing out there.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
Our event is at the Ritz Carlton on Lake Oconee. We are slated to play Oconee, Landing, Great Waters, and National.

Anything around there that we need to play?
Rubble
AG
If you have time to drive to Athens, the UGA course is outstanding!
Aggie95
AG
Not much on the southside for Club Corp. Peachtree City is about 30 minutes south of the airport and has 3 club corp courses. The best is Planterra Ridge.

Also, not sure when your trip is but we've had **** weather for the last 2 weeks. tons of rain.
skippytimmy
AG
Bears best used to be clubcorp. Not sure if it is now.

It is a really great course
Mr.Bond
AG
We played Cherokee Run on way from Atlanta to Augusta one year. It was a fun track
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

schwabbin
AG
skippytimmy said:

Bears best used to be clubcorp. Not sure if it is now.

It is a really great course

Bears Best is a bit out of your way if going airport to Oconee but I also recommend.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
10-4.

What is your opinion on Eagle's Landing?

Our trip isn't until the end of March so I have some time .
BigLeftMiss08
AG
I've always read really great things about UGA's course. I may try and convince the guys to do that if we cant find anything appealing.

Thanks for the help!
EKUAg
AG
Aggie95 said:

Not much on the southside for Club Corp. Peachtree City is about 30 minutes south of the airport and has 3 club corp courses. The best is Planterra Ridge.

Also, not sure when your trip is but we've had **** weather for the last 2 weeks. tons of rain.

Used to live in Peachtree City. Didn't get to play it but it was considered the best in the city. Open local qualifying held there. ClubCorp as well.
Aggie95
AG
we live on PTC/Senoia border...Planterra did a renovation/upgrade a few years ago. I still haven't played it though.
GaryClare
AG
1990AG
AG
Aggie95 said:

we live on PTC/Senoia border...Planterra did a renovation/upgrade a few years ago. I still haven't played it though.
Also live in PTC.

Planterra is a good choice, but PTC is a long way from your Ritz. We have 4 courses but I will second that we have had a TON or rain and none of them are in top shape right now.

CC of the South is a good choice. Up North there are a few good choices.

All are Club Corp.

schwabbin
AG
GaryClare said:

The Country Club of the South is a nice Club Corp course. You'll be surprised it's a Club Corp club.

https://www.clubcorp.com/Clubs/Country-Club-of-the-South

Agree. I've only played the front 9 but I was impressed.
BigLeftMiss08
AG
The Country Club of the South looks pretty legit but may be too far out of the way. Ill take it to the group. Thanks again!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.