Club fitting between Austin and Waco?

1,930 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Earp16
watty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally getting new clubs and going to get fitted for them. I'm in Temple. Someone recommended the Golf Ranch in Georgetown. Any other feedback y'all have for me?
cakubacak
AG
I'm in Waco, I started with a Titleist "Thursday" event on a Saturday at Cottonwood in Waco, then ended up doing a full fitting with one of the assistant pros at Cottonwood as well, really enjoyed the process, it was like a lesson with a fitting tried all the major brands, dialed in with several shafts. He used a Flightscope launch monitor. I did a full bag of irons, driver and wedges, overall was a great experience
Baby Billy
AG
watty said:

Finally getting new clubs and going to get fitted for them. I'm in Temple. Someone recommended the Golf Ranch in Georgetown. Any other feedback y'all have for me?

I'm in georgetown. Never had clubs fitted by Golf Ranch, but I know a lot of people that have and they've all said good things. I go in there quite a bit. They have 3 rooms with launch monitors and shot tracers and stuff in the back.
watty
AG
I went ahead and got fitted in Georgetown today. Irons only. Seems like they know what they're doing. It wasn't nearly as "let's dial in every little thing on the monitor" as I maybe expected but I think part of that is that I'm just a weekend hacker whose swing isn't exactly perfectly repeatable. They basically got me into the right shaft and then the right overall style of iron (different center of gravity than my old clubs and stronger lofts that got my spin levels in line with my launch angle basically) and from there it was sort of up to me to just pick one that felt best. The numbers were pretty much the same for several of them so I just kinda picked the one that looked best to me at address. With the stronger lofts I gained some fake distance, but then with the different shaft and weight distribution of the club, I gained some real distance too. So that was cool. So my old clubs, I was hitting my 7 iron about 160. With the new ones, it was like 180. Maybe half that extra yardage came from the fact that the new 7 was probably the same loft as my old 6, and the other 10 yards from proper fitting of the other aspects.

All in all it was a good experience. I get the clubs next week. And then when my game doesn't improve, I no longer have the "I need new clubs" excuse.

Final selection was Mizunos, btw.
Earp16
AG
I was fitted for irons back in March. I would describe my experience nearly identical to yours. Ended up with the Mizuno JPX Hot Metals and love them. My only problem is not being able to play enough since getting them due to work and family.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.