How does ClubCorp work?

11,723 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trinity Ag
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A place I'm looking at moving to comes with a ClubCorp membership. How does membership work? Do you have to pay a fee when you play somewhere in network, mandatory cart fee, food and beverage or otherwise? Restricted tee times?

I don't know if this is some weird half assed membership or a regular membership, but let's assume it's like a normal membership that I paid for.
Mr.Bond
AG
Comes with meaning they're forcing you to pay monthly golf dues?

I used to be a member and thought I was getting the shaft personally. But it also all depends on what your home clubs are if Kingwood is your home club or the woodlands I think it's a tremendous deal. Also they are notorious for nickel-and-diming you on bul***** The blocked-off tee times all depend on your membership level if you have the ONE program as they call it I don't believe you have to pay a cart fee or Green fee at any other sister course as long as it's not one of their Premiere courses. An example of a Premiere course would be Bay Oaks in Clear Lake or Deerwood in Kingwood or the Palmer Course in The Woodlands. I know there's a lot of members on here that can probably shed more light
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

bagger05
AG
Comes with it meaning if you live at the property you get ClubCorp benefits as a perk. I would assume it is the lowest membership level.

This is what it says:
Quote:

As a resident of The Ashton, you receive access to ClubCorp's exclusive portfolio of 150+ private clubs across the country. Whether you are an active business traveler or just vacationing with friends, Instrata residents can take advantage of a wide selection of spectacular golf courses, distinguished country clubs, sophisticated business clubs and modern sports clubs.

Doesn't tell you much but that's the only info they have on the site.
Mr.Bond
AG
So 199 per month?
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PA24
AG
Key to this being a good deal is active traveler meaning u live on the road.

DadAG10
Golf is an expensive hobby.

They do charge cart fee at other courses using the "One" benefit.
REMARCH11
AG
I belong to a club corp course and there are some nice benefits. I'm in Dallas so I can play all.of the Courses in my area for cart, except for a few, Las Colinas and Sronbriar are about 75.00 to 90.00. I can play Ttaditions for 25.00. They also have dining clubs you can eat at as well with a comp.once a month for two.
God,....I really hate the sips!
agsalaska
AG
You can come play Wildflower in Temple with me!!
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Mr.Bond
AG
DadAG10 said:

They never charged me.

agsfan
That's where I play.

I wasn't planning on doing the Clubcorp thing, but it was part of the deal at Wildflower so we use it. It's pretty nice, I don't know that I would do it if it hadn't been part of the deal though.
agsalaska
AG
Cool. Lots of Aggies at Wildflower.

I dont have it. After living in airplanes for 12 years I hardly leave the county now, unless maybe there is a deer or bird that needs to be shot. So I wouldn't use it. But if I still lived in Dallas I probably would
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Yesterday
AG
It's hard to say what it comes with as Club Corp has numerous levels of memberships. It sounds like, and I could be completely wrong, that you're getting access to these clubs but not necessarily free access. I'm a basic member at a Club Corp country club and there is a lot of blacked out clubs I can't go to without paying what amounts to a green fee.

dallasiteinsa02
Mandatory membership is the biggest scam in the club business. I would never want to tie my home value to a club and would be very careful in reading the documents. They could assess you for almost anything and if drawn up correctly lien your property. At least when you agree to join a POA, there are significant state laws that protect you and they have to turn it over eventually.
Yesterday
AG
I think it's an apartment complex. A nice one at that.
bagger05
AG
I don't think my potential situation is like what you're describing. This place is just an apartment complex. Whatever ClubCorp is charging them is probably being passed on by being rolled into rent, but it's possible it's just a joint marketing effort and really isn't costing anyone anything.
dallasiteinsa02
bagger05 said:

I don't think my potential situation is like what you're describing. This place is just an apartment complex. Whatever ClubCorp is charging them is probably being passed on by being rolled into rent, but it's possible it's just a joint marketing effort and really isn't costing anyone anything.
Didn't catch the apartment complex. Have at then.
07fta07
AG
Mr.Bond said:

DadAG10 said:

They never charged me.

You were probably a YEX member. The olds get charged a cart fee.
Mr.Bond
AG
That's what it was. Couldn't remember the name of it

LHIOB
AG
Joined this summer and love it. Ive used the ONE benefits for golf in Boston, Philly and Denver and Ive got a few rounds booked before the WM in a few weeks.

Ive also taken advantage of the Clubs in Philly and San Jose for free meals.

I look forward to a full year of bringing my clubs on the road
lazuras_dc
AG
Dug up this old thread, as I just joined a country club that has Club Corp privileges. My question is why doesn't my club show up on Club Corp website?
From what I can tell its the lowest tier, so it gives you access to other club corp clubs but still have to pay green fee/cart/etc.
I can upgrade to gold status and get a few free rounds and meals in but I don't travel or play golf enough to justify that.

I saw something on Traditions website about club corp but didn't specifically say it was a member. anyone have the inside scoop to that?
07fta07
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Dug up this old thread, as I just joined a country club that has Club Corp privileges. My question is why doesn't my club show up on Club Corp website?
From what I can tell its the lowest tier, so it gives you access to other club corp clubs but still have to pay green fee/cart/etc.
I can upgrade to gold status and get a few free rounds and meals in but I don't travel or play golf enough to justify that.

I saw something on Traditions website about club corp but didn't specifically say it was a member. anyone have the inside scoop to that?

ClubCorp has reciprocity with other clubs not in ClubCorp (Traditions being one example). Your club may not be "in" ClubCorp, but you get benefits like it is.
Trinity Ag
S
07fta07 said:

lazuras_dc said:

ClubCorp has reciprocity with other clubs not in ClubCorp (Traditions being one example). Your club may not be "in" ClubCorp, but you get benefits like it is.
The "reciprocity" at Traditions means you may be able to get access, but you pay the green fee.
Aggie369
AG
Club Corp members just pay cart fee I believe
07fta07
AG
Aggie369 said:

Correct. I've played many of the courses that have reciprocity but aren't in Clubcorp and it's only a cart fee (same as the Clubcorp clubs). That's been anywhere from $13.50 to $45. I think Traditions is $20 or $25.
Trinity Ag
S
Aggie369 said:

Interesting -- I paid green fees when I played Wildflower.

They must have screwed it up and I didn't know better!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.