Course Recommendation around Houston

1,573 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jja79
mpezll
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried a search, but didn't have much luck, so sorry in advance!

Traveling to Houston today from Austin and looking for a course on the way preferably closer to west side of Houston off 290 and wouldn't have a problem jumping on last minute.

Golf Now had Houston National, Black Horse, any other suggestions? Thanks!
hunterjr81
Look up Cypress Lakes. It's a good course with water in play on many holes. It is on the north side of 290 just past Fry.
AustinCountyAg
Legendary Oaks in Hempstead.
Larry S Ross
AG
Jersey Meadows. Jones and 290. Best shape it has ever been in right now. Public.
Poot
Black Horse and Cypress Lakes... with Jersey Meadow thrown in there. I live 2 miles from Houston National and drive past it to play others, never stopping at HN.
mpezll
AG
Awesome, thanks everyone, Jersey Meadow is the spot...appreciate it!
Oknows
AG
Blackhorse south course is by far the best course in the area. Believe there is a tournament at Houston National today.
terradactylexpress
Jersey Meadows is the worst course out of all of these
turfaggie24
AG
Houston Oaks
Poot
Jersey Meadow isn't a great course by any stretch, but HN is worse, in my opinion.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Ditch jersey meadow and hit up black horse
These two aren't even in the same league unless you are just looking for something cheap then jersey hits that
07fta07
AG
tur***gie24 said:

Houston Oaks

Since you're offering, I'm available to play there anytime.
1208HawkTree
AG
07fta07 said:

tur***gie24 said:

Houston Oaks

Since you're offering, I'm available to play there anytime.

Ditto and I can find a fourth.
ElCheAg
AG
Jersey Meadow is what it is. Not great, not terrible. Just is.
jja79
AG
Off topic but since Houston Oaks was mentioned I got to watch some great golf there this weekend. Big 12 had a match play event there. The officials and spectators I talked to were really impressed with the course and club overall. The teams and Big 12 officials stayed on property so I think we may get more of these type things.
HouAggie
AG
I really like Hou Oaks. The semi-island par3 feels a little out of place, but they've got 17 good holes there.
jonj101
jja79 said:

Off topic but since Houston Oaks was mentioned I got to watch some great golf there this weekend. Big 12 had a match play event there. The officials and spectators I talked to were really impressed with the course and club overall. The teams and Big 12 officials stayed on property so I think we may get more of these type things.
I wanted to make it out to that tournament, but I couldn't. I've never seen the course and watching high level college golf would've been a nice time to walk around and check it out.
jja79
AG
I was a spotter on number 6 this morning. Its a 472 yard par 4 with 270 carry over water from the tips. It goes north to south so much of the year it's into the wind. The first player off this morning while it was still had gap wedge left for his approach. By mid morning the wind was up and 1/3 or so of the players were hitting fairway woods to try to reach the green. There are 4 par 3's between 207 and 230. The Texas and Oklahoma State kids were amazing.
jja79
AG
I like that hole mostly because its usually my only birdie chance. Are you a member?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.