Golf clubs stolen yesterday.

3,208 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by champagnepapi
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sat them down in front of the pro shop to grab a drink after a round of 18 in this Florida heat. Came back out and my entire bag was gone. Lost a complete Callaway x-20 iron set plus Xr driver and hybrid.

Really fricken bummed about it. Any suggestions on what my next set should be?
Ag_07
AG
Contact jj and buy some new clubs

Seriously though that blows. Sucks to happen at all much less at a golf course where you think they're ok being left out.

Sorry for your loss
Aggie1391
Wow, didn't think anyone would steal them at a course. I've left them outside the pro shop countless times. Maybe there are security cameras?
Zombie
That is bothersome. I do this all the time with my clubs. Does the club have any cameras?
Philip J Fry
AG
Only had cameras inside the pro shop. Not on the outside or near the driving range.

Filed a police report today to inventory everything that was taken. Most irritating of all was losing my official scorecard that contained my very first birdie...which I scored 2 days prior.
LHIOB
AG
That really sucks. Ive left my bag outside countless times - with my range finder in it. I guess Ill have to start dropping it off at the car before having a beer.
Pepper Brooks
AG
Terrible. Though, I've often thought that theives could make a killing doing this as the only reason most of us leave them out is the unspoken etiquette of the golf course. Throw on a golf polo and some shorts and no one would look at you funny if you're walking off with a set of clubs. Hit up 5-10 courses on a Saturday, two guys each course, and you could make an easy 5-10k.
Famous Shoes
AG
Man that is low rent and at the golf course where you think they'll be safe.
TXAG14
Scum. Check the pawn shops. If you liked your Callaway irons I recommend the XR's. Have had the XR Tour irons for over a year and really enjoyed them.
Philip J Fry
AG
What really sucks is that I'm on business travel and leave tomorrow. Not much pawn shopping time and I basically have to put my faith in the cops that they'll actually attempt to look for them.

One chuckle out of the whole ordeal is that my co-workers clubs were sitting right next to mine. They were left untouched. Theives clearly recognized quality when they saw it.
BESCo91
AG
Check with your insurance.
I had mine stolen out of my vehicle a few years ago.
USAA reimbursed entire replacement cost.
CapCityAg89
AG
BESCo91 said:

Homeowners or renters insurance specifically - car insurance won't cover it.
Tom Hagen
AG
Check Ebay
bagger05
AG
Philip J Fry said:

What really sucks is that I'm on business travel and leave tomorrow. Not much pawn shopping time and I basically have to put my faith in the cops that they'll actually attempt to look for them.

One chuckle out of the whole ordeal is that my co-workers clubs were sitting right next to mine. They were left untouched. Theives clearly recognized quality when they saw it.
I have some bad news for you, man...
BESCo91
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

BESCo91 said:

Homeowners or renters insurance specifically - car insurance won't cover it.
Yep .... it was covered through my Homeowners policy.
Philip J Fry
AG
bagger05 said:

Philip J Fry said:

I have some bad news for you, man...

I know man. I knew they were gone forever when they weren't where they should have been.

How does the insurance thing work? I imagine I won't meet my deductible with these clubs. Guess I should start digging into my policy.
Duckhook
AG
Man that's terrible. I have my clubs listed separately on my homeowners policy. It's just a little extra every year and gets rid of the big deductible. It's just like listing jewelry, fine art, etc.
07fta07
AG
Years ago I must have forgot to shut my tailgate and my clubs fell out and got smashed to hell on the road. Renters insurance covered it at the time. I was pleasantly surprised.
powerbelly
AG
Duckhook said:

Man that's terrible. I have my clubs listed separately on my homeowners policy. It's just a little extra every year and gets rid of the big deductible. It's just like listing jewelry, fine art, etc.
Same.
gravy97
AG
I had mine stolen back in the 90's while i was on the chipping green and my clubs were sitting in front of the pro shop... all i had left was my sandwedge... really sucks. I was just in high school, so I don't recall how all the insurance worked, but I think I was advised to remember the real expensive shoes and rain gear that were in my bag to help cover the deductible.

but also really opened my eyes as to how easy it can be done. The criminal just watches someone set down their clubs, walk away. Now they can casually walk up, and pick up the bag just like it was theirs.
Trinity Ag
S
Philip J Fry said:

Call them to ask if they have any promising leads.

Texmid
AG
You will never see those clubs again. Make sure you think about everything you had in your bag. Don't forget all the balls, tees, divot fixers, etc. I had a $2,500 rider on my insurance and it was nowhere near enough to cover all that was taken. It can add up fast. Did you have a range finder? Custom club covers? Umbrella?
White Liberals=The Worst
Sorry to hear man, that really sucks. About a week after I bought my MP-64's (Check out Mizuno irons BTW), I was at a packed Memorial Park driving range on a Saturday afternoon. I'm about 10 balls into a range session and I turn around to see some idiot who looks like he hasn't golfed a day in his life trying to quietly lift my golf bag up over his shoulder. I asked him WTH he was doing and he tried to play dumb like he thought they were his clubs. I told him he better leave immediately before things go very bad for him (I know...tough guy alert). For a couple seconds he walked down the range and acted like he was looking for his bag before veering for the parking lot to leave. I was livid and had to make a great effort to keep my composure.

Blows my mind that some of these people operate in broad daylight in crowded areas like this.
Philip J Fry
AG
Nah. Just the $1700 in clubs and bag
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
I've had a couple of rounds recently where I wanted them stolen.

But I got over it.
Philip J Fry
AG
What's worse, is around hole 9, I realized I lost my sand wedge from my previous round. Found it in the lost and found, just in time to complete the set for the back 9.
Jeff Patel
AG
Could you tell us what course you were playing where the theft occurred?

Word to the wise, theft is everywhere now. If you take your clubs to the car, lock them in the trunk. If you have a SUV/ pickup, keep the clubs with you and an eye on them. Thieves will steal them out of the back of either one of them. I had a friend that had a range finder stolen out of his bag while he was on the driving range.

Sorry this happened to you. It sucks.
Philip J Fry
AG
Club of Jupiter near Palm Beach Gardens
Swollen Thumb
AG
This sucks. Not sure how many on here snow ski, but its the same thing. I had a pair of demos stolen at the base a few yrs back that I then had to "buy". What was worse is that a couple years earlier my dad had a pair that he'd just bought stolen in the same manner. So he always insisted on locking his next pair up with the little wire combo locks they make...even if he was just going in to take a leak. He kept telling me I should do the same but I just rolled my eyes at him.....until I came out after a few end of day drinks to find mine gone. I still haven't heard the end of it. Anyway, there are sh*tty people everywhere and I learned my lesson the expensive ways and rarely let my clubs out of site because of it...especially at any public course. Maybe I'll start putting my ski lock into my bag!
Philip J Fry
AG
Bought a lightly used Callaway Steelhead XR iron set today.
EMY92
AG
Wycliffe_03 said:

Sorry to hear man, that really sucks. About a week after I bought my MP-64's (Check out Mizuno irons BTW), I was at a packed Memorial Park driving range on a Saturday afternoon. I'm about 10 balls into a range session and I turn around to see some idiot who looks like he hasn't golfed a day in his life trying to quietly lift my golf bag up over his shoulder. I asked him WTH he was doing and he tried to play dumb like he thought they were his clubs. I told him he better leave immediately before things go very bad for him (I know...tough guy alert). For a couple seconds he walked down the range and acted like he was looking for his bag before veering for the parking lot to leave. I was livid and had to make a great effort to keep my composure.

Blows my mind that some of these people operate in broad daylight in crowded areas like this.
You should have used his head for ball #11.
Mr.Bond
AG
Having been a victim of theft at a course more than once. if I EVER caught someone stealing my ****, I'd be arrested 100 percent. Because I would beat the ever living **** out of them. Thieves are the scum of the world
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

champagnepapi
What we don't know is that the OP was so hammered after the back 9, he forgot he through them into the water hazard .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.