Lakeside Country Club (Houston) - Membership

41,228 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by 76Ag
Coprolite
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any Lakeside Country Club members on here? I am looking to join a Houston area country club and preliminary research has lead me to Lakeside. I called today to enquire about a tour of the facilities but was told a current member would have to help set that up. Not knowing any members at the moment I thought I would turn to power of texags. I am a young (36) executive in the oil and gas industry. Thanks.
Poot
Not a member there, but my boss is. He said that when Mark O'Meara applied there, in his references section he listed some guy named Arnold Palmer. I think that was sufficient.

As for the place, it's really nice. The Men's locker room and lounge could be the nicest in the City and I'm anxious to play their renovated golf course (tomorrow). It was always a solid and challenging track as it was.
HouAggie
AG
Anyone have an idea on initiation/dues for a junior?
HouAggie
AG
Found this old thread. Basically answers my question.

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=1434352&forum_id=60
David_Puddy
AG
Hou - I have a buddy our age that is a member out there. I think he got on with a jr membership out there a little cheaper via a "family" deal since his FIL is a full member. I want to say his initiation was ~$5k and he pays $450 in monthly dues. I can check with him to see what full initiation would be if you'd like me to.
ChipFTAC01
AG
My girlfriend's folks are members there. They like it, but aren't big members (or really golfers at all).
HouAggie
AG
Don't worry about asking. I was just kinda wondering about a ballpark number. Trying to think about all my options now that I'm living in "San Antonio".
Poot
I didn't read the whole previous Lakeside thread, but Bossman gave me a little fold out on the membership specifics about 3 months ago... I think I recall it being about $17.5K to join as a Junior. I had to laugh at the fact that my boss has no idea what he doesn't pay me.
Elmo Lincoln
AG
I have nothing to add that will help the OP, but I did play Lakeside last week. I enjoyed the course. Tough par 5's. The greens were slow, but I think that was mostly a result of the torrential rain they had earlier in the week.
Coprolite
Thanks for the info guys.
David_Puddy
AG
Hou - you're more than good enough to drop that kind of coin to play some good golf on the weekends. I don't know that I could justify it.
CapCityAg89
AG
Poot - with you here. Every time my boss goes to one of those membership committee meetings he comes to work the next day and tells me about it. ******* should know better.
76Ag
AG
I think that most bosses really don't realize what they're paying their employees. Either that, or they are not concerned.

I hit houses or I used to so I like to play courses where they are a bit off the fairway.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.