The Lakes at Castle Hills

16,391 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by arson keg
TUhatr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been since the reopening? I inquired about the new memberships there and it is insane pricing. Daily rates are 160 on the weekend so I have pretty much stayed away. Just curious if anyone has been out there and seen any of the Haney stuff or the course reno.
Aden11
Renowned golf instructor Hank Haney has chosen The Lakes at Castle Hills as home and headquarters for the Hank Haney Golf Schools and the site of a new Hank Haney Golf Academy. The Lakes at Castle Hills is located at 699 Lady of the Lake Blvd., in the Lewisville master-planned community of Castle Hills. The course (formerly The Golf Club at Castle Hills) has been renamed as part of the new ownership by Bright Realty.
Hank Haney is considered a world leader in golf instruction. Haney has taught over 50,000 golf lessons in his career, his students have won every major championship, he has worked with hundreds of top-ranked pros and is most known for the six years he spent coaching Tiger Woods and the 25 years he spent coaching Masters and British Open champion Mark O'Meara.
"With the great support of Bright Realty in creating a truly world class golf facility, coupled with the latest golf teaching technologies, we have a chance to make learning golf a great experience here at The Lakes at Castle Hills," says Haney. "We are proud to include The Lakes at Castle Hills Academy as one of our premier teaching and training centers in Texas," adds Haney.
"It is an honor to have been chosen as the site for Haney's internationally recognized Golf Academy and its Golf School world headquarters," said Chris Bright, Bright Realty CEO. "The world class golf services offered by Haney's associates will complement The Lakes at Castle Hills, a 7,152-yard championship course and club which is currently undergoing a complete upgrade and renovation with plans to re-open in September."
The Hank Haney Golf Academy at The Lakes at Castle Hills will feature Haney's elite instruction and his award-winning staff, as well as an outstanding practice facility:

[This message has been edited by Aden11 (edited 11/3/2011 12:52a).]
TennAg
The avid golfers are really big on it. Basically indicated ultra premium service and amenities. I realize they get paid for remotes but they are fairly up front with things. They really gushed about it while wondering if it's past reputation would ever let it get a fair shot.
TUhatr
AG
25k for a membership right now....seems very steep.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
equity membership?
Danny Duberstein
Seems awfully steep. The changes better be pretty damn significant. I have a feeling that they are going to have trouble making this business model work. After you've already established a reputation, I would think it would be difficult to take it to a premium level, even if Hank Haney is attached to you now.

[This message has been edited by Danny Duberstein (edited 11/3/2011 11:12a).]
TUhatr
AG
I inquired and it was 25k for full membership and 15 for single individual membership plus dues. I was kind of shocked when I saw those numbers. Apparently there are some plans for further renovations but it will still be a public course for now at 160 a round.
arson keg
is it generally the same layout?

that's just not a $160 layout, let alone $25k for a membership

for $13k you can get a membership to Stonebriar and have 36 holes of nicer play
wsjag
AG
What are the weekday/weekend rates for daily play? I thought weekend used to be closer to ~$100 - quite a jump.
TUhatr
AG
How can you get a 13k dollar membership to Stonebriar? I inquired with them a while back and it was closer to 38k initiation and 600 dues....
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
How can you get a 13k dollar membership to Stonebriar?

ask, most clubs are hurting and willing to cut deals to get you in.
TUhatr
AG
Yeah Stonebridge Ranch is running some great deals right now but thats a little too far from the house for me. Stonebriar is just around the corner so I am going to inquire again. I was kinda shocked about Castle Hills....I hope they do well but I cannot imagine if Clubcorp clubs are dropping initiation fees like crazy that they will get many members there.
arson keg
last I checked (couple of weeks ago), Stonebriar was $13k for a non-refundable and $28k for a membership that if you left, you'd get some portion back at a later date

I think base dues were in the $600'ish range before add-ons
texasfight68
Once the club reaches 100 members my understanding is that the existing clubhouse will be renovated to include the construction of a locker room and 19th hole on the first level which is currently used to house carts. A metal cart barn will be built along with a pool and other amenities. No tennis facilities will be constructed.

Course renovations include new greens, upgrading sand and drainage in bunkers, smoother contours in fairways, and addition of a LOT of water.

Supposedly 35 members have signed up so far. Recall hearing that the initiation fee is payable in 3 stages but not sure what milestones or dates dictate the second 2 payments (sign-up obviously being the first).
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Castle Hills will turn into TPC Craig Ranch if they are not careful. Heck a couple $1,000 more and you can join TPC.
Danny Duberstein
We'd usedmto plah Castle Hills occasionally, and its going to take a helkuva lot more than new greens and additional water for me to be willing to spring $160, much less consider a membership even at a relatively nominal cost.
TUhatr
AG
Yeah I like the clubhouse at Castle Hills and the food is good as well but the course left a lot to be desired. The Haney facility you can also join for monthly fee which is kind of cool as well. I would be willing to bet 25k for 100 people is really not very feasible in the near future. Unless there was some kind of equity in the club. I am sure it will end up being semi for a long time and end up staying that way but for 140 weekday, 160 weekend....that is insane for that place.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
will end up being semi for a long time and end up staying that way but for 140 weekday, 160 weekend

When Cowboys is cheaper, you are in trouble
arson keg
quote:
I am sure it will end up being semi for a long time and end up staying that way but for 140 weekday, 160 weekend....that is insane for that place.

in this economic environment and with the saturated state of golf courses available, this is baaaaaad

the comment about becoming another TPC Craig's Ranch is spot on
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.