Club Corp Membership

26,321 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by DadAG10
Aggie_Eric98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I remember reading several on here were junior exec members and am thinking about joining.

Are the courses in good shape, do you consider it a good value? How are the amenities?
arson keg
shoot me an email

jigtastic@yahoo.com
terradactylexpress
they seem to pretty good. i hear dallas is better than houston. I would join houston but i live dt and they don't have a course close enough
Smokedraw01
Is Hearthstone a Club Corp course?
terradactylexpress
yes
Smokedraw01
My father-in-law enjoys his membership with Club Corp.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I'm a member at Hearthstone, but haven't played any other courses yet.
boinger89
AG
Used it in Vegas at Bears Best and Canyon Gate. I'm a member at Hearthstone also. Actually played golf with a guy this weekend who chose hearthstone as his base membership just so he could get the club Corp membership since it was the cheapest.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
I am looking into the ONE membership, anyone currently a ONE member?
arson keg
ONE is the "extra" program. it's really more for when traveling out of your home area. You do get 50% off of your home club food, but the real benefits are the free meals and cart fee golf out of your home area.

for instance, I just got back from Vegas. Played Bear's Best and Canyon gate for $50 total in cart fees.

I'm a YEX member with the O.N.E. benefits
Ragoo
AG
How much is a yex membership? Only 4 courses in houston?
HouAggie
AG
Looks like there are 5 clubs in the Houston area. And some clubs have multiple course.

Falcon Point
Kingwood
Hearthstone
Bay Oaks
Willow Creek
'03ag
YEX ONE member at trophy club. Ove tried the ONE thing for a couple of months and will be dropping to soon. As mentioned the main benefit it is when traveling and im just not going to use it. Fairways and greens are in good shape as are the bunkers. Other than that it's just ok. We'll see if it gets better, things haven't been green for very long.
Ragoo
AG
What kinda of price we looking at? I live right near hearthstone.
Ezra Brooks
AG
For YEX in Houston you should be looking at $275 per month.

I'm a YEX at Kingwood and I think out after tax bill comes to ~$285.
Ragoo
AG
And what does a yex get you?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
YEX in dallas is ~$320

from what I am reading Dallas gets you free green fees, 50% of food at your home course, and the ability to play other club corp courses for cart fee only. Not sure if a cart is required or if you can just walk for free.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
quote:
Designed specifically for those under the age of 40, our Young Executive membership (YEX) provides an unprecedented level of access, variety and flexibility within a network of private clubs across the DFW Metroplex.

Automatically gain full golf, tennis and social access to nine additional DFW clubs for you and your immediate family
Get free green fees at all participating country clubs
Receive an annual subscription to Private Clubs magazine
One membership, 10 private clubs, one extraordinary lifestyle

For professionals who want to enjoy special Member programs and events focused on networking and business, YEX is DFW’s best club membership opportunity.

inozips
AG
Ragoo - No clue about Junior memberships. Do suspect on regular memberships you can walk into Hearthstone promise to stay a year and no iniation.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
just got some more info on this. sorry if it is not formatted well.
quote:
DFW Young Executive Membership
Benefits and Usage Perimeters
• The one-time Initiation Fee for the DFW Young Executive Membership is $1,000. Founder and
Charter offers are closed.
• Tiered Monthly Dues Pricing for DFW Young Executives. This amount includes the magazine.
• 35 & under - $268.75 monthly
• 36 & over - $313.75 monthly
• Both individuals within the marriage must be younger than 40 years old to qualify.
• Young Executive Membership privileges are valid until member or spouse turns 40, or for a
minimum of 2-years for those new Members who are 38 and 39 years of age when joining.
• $2,500 Certificate presented for viewing at the time of joining. The actual certificate will be placed
in the Member’s file for use when the DFW YE turns 40. If there has been no lapse in dues, the
Certificate value can be presented to any participating ClubCorp property to be used towards the
Club’s current initiation requirement. Utilization is based on space availability at the chosen
ClubCorp property.
• Tee times are made directly at your Home Club. Each Club may establish its own Home Club Tee
Time Policies & Procedures. Stonebridge Ranch Home Club Member’s may make tee-times 7
days in advance. Weekend / Holiday tee times and playing privileges are after 10:00 am. Young
Executive Members are not eligible for Member Golf Associations.
• Young Executive Members must make a tee time through the ClubLine when utilizing a
Participating Club (no earlier than 48 hours in advance). Weekend / Holiday tee times and playing
privileges are after 10:00 am (Canyon Creek 11:30 am); this includes walk up play.
• Prevailing Club’s rules & regulations will apply when utilizing any Participating Club.
• Golf practice amenities are available at Home Club only or prior to tee time when playing at a
Participating Club.
• Cart Fees apply based on individual Club cart policies. Guest fees apply for nonmember guests.
• Business Club dining reservations must be made in advance through the ClubLine.
• Young Executive Memberships are Non-Transferable and Non-Refundable. Young Executive
Memberships may be recalled if your Home Club reaches its full complement of golf members.
Young Executive Membership dissolves upon the 40th birthday of primary Member or spouse, or
upon upgrade to full golf Membership.
• Exclusions: No Private Carts, No Trail Fees, No Fitness (except home club if applicable)
• List of participating clubs is subject to change. Other restrictions may apply. Check with your
Home Club Membership Director.
East Dallas Ag
AG
So is that cart fee golf at your home course as well, or just at the other participating courses?

Does anyone know the Dallas courses/clubs well enough to rank them?
East Dallas Ag
AG
Here's Avid Golfer's rankings:

Best Country Club (Elite Category)
($20,001-$59,999)

1. The Sports Club
2. Lakewood Country Club
3. Bent Tree Country Club
4. Gleneagles Country Club (Pictured Above)
5. Stonebriar Country Club

Best Country Club (Mid-Priced Category)
($10,001-$20,000)

1. Ridglea Country Club
2. Timarron Country Club
3. Mira Vista Country Club (Pictured Above)
4. Prestonwood Country Club

Best Country Club (Value-Priced Category)
($10,000 and under)

1. Dallas Athletic Club
2. Stonebridge Ranch Country Club • Dye Course (Pictured Above)
3. Las Colinas Country Club
4. Trophy Club Country Club
5. Stonebridge Ranch Country Club • Hills Course

Best Value

1. Dallas Athletic Club (Pictured Above)
2. Stonebridge Ranch Country Club • Dye Course
3. Trophy Club Country Club
4. Hackberry Creek Country Club
5. Walnut Creek Country Club

Bolded = ClubCorp courses

http://www.myavidgolfer.com/back_issues/?view=department&department_id=1&issue_id=201

[This message has been edited by East Dallas Ag (edited 5/4/2011 2:10p).]

[This message has been edited by East Dallas Ag (edited 5/4/2011 2:11p).]
Ezra Brooks
AG
Cart fee would apply at your home club unless you walk or participate in a annual cart program or pay a trail fee for your own cart.
dwaustin14
AG
You can get around that Initiation fee if you get a friend to sign up with you.

AG
Is this true? If so I may need to reconsider.

quote:
Tee times are made directly at your Home Club. Each Club may establish its own Home Club Tee
Time Policies & Procedures. Stonebridge Ranch Home Club Member’s may make tee-times 7
days in advance. Weekend / Holiday tee times and playing privileges are after 10:00 am.
arson keg
eric, if that's a major criteria for you, I don't think the clubcorp deal is for you.

it sounds like you're more of an early morning, weekend golfer. it's going to be packed (or at least busy) at those peak times regardless of whether you are at a public or private course.

The benefits for me as a YEX member is that I get access to many, many courses here in DFW and cart fee only on some great courses outside of DFW. It's nice to be able to play several courses that usually are in better shape than most public places in addition to rounds that don't take near as long (I consider a deathly slow round to be 4 hours). I'd say my average round is probably around 3.5 hours. Also, all of the courses have unlimited range usage, so it's nice to get in practice (putting, range, short game areas) and not be hit with "bucket of balls" fees each time. While I'm not a fan of Brookhaven, their practice facility (range, short game area) is really great. Most of the other courses I have been to have pretty nice practice facilities too (unfortunately, if I had to rank them, Stonebridge is at the lower end of practice facilities, though the 27 holes and player friendly layout makes it one of the better courses IMO).

On top of that, you will find that evenings (at least at Stonebridge) 7 days a week are nearly empty. It's not unusual for me to tee off at 5 pm (weekday or weekend) and finish nine holes between one hour to 1.5 hours. It's very empty in the evenings and allows me both a speedy 9 or 18 holes (playing that fast, it's easy to get in 18 holes in the evening). Also, I can take my 4.5 yr old with me and there are ZERO issues. It's pretty standard for me, my wife, and the little one to go play 9 holes around 6 pm nearly every Saturday and Sunday and never run into another person on the course.
TUhatr
AG
According to the YEX website only the following apply for DFW. IF stonebriar was included I would do it in a heartbeat as it is just around the corner.

http://www.virtualclub.com/yexhnew/YEX_09_dallas.html

Participating Clubs
 Brookhaven Country Club
 Canyon Creek Country Club
 Hackberry Creek Country Club
 The Club at La Cima
 Oakmont Country Club
 Shady Valley Golf Club
 Stonebridge Ranch (Hills Course)
 The Tower Club
 Trophy Club Country Club
 Walnut Creek Country Club

[This message has been edited by TUhatr (edited 5/5/2011 12:14p).]
Ezra Brooks
AG
Another thing to consider about the "not before XX:XX am" policy is that it may not be strictly enforced.

At least one of the 4 courses that I have access to at Kingwood is supposed to be a "only after" deal, but my experience and that of the other YEX members that I know is that it really depends on the crowd and who you might be talking to.

It may be a bit different in Dallas, but it doesn't pose any issues for me at my home club.
'03ag
early morning is definitely hard for YEX memebers. I am trying to get a time for saturday morning right now and they are booked solid until noon. after that there's not a single tee time booked. last weekend we stalked the online tee time listings until there was an opening. we were able to snag an 815 tee.

most in the evenings it's wide open. i've gotten in a quick 9 after work twice this week, and never had to wait on anyone.

now this summer will i be hating life if i can't get a morning tee time on the weekends? we'll see. i'm in good shape and like to walk, so maybe with a pull cart it won't be too bad.
'03ag
oh and i should mention i'm at Trophy Club. i never saw anything about "only after 10am" at your home club, just that full members get to book before you do, so you're rarely going to get in before 10 unless you stalk the tee times.
TUhatr
AG
Blue...

To my understanding you are only allowed to play at the 10 courses that are included in the program correct? I just sent the Stonebridge lady a message and she sent me all of the relevant information. It does not sound like a "clubcorp" membership applies outside of your local 10....is that true? IF so none of the courses near me except maybe stonebridge I would ever really play or practice....
arson keg
with the O.N.E. program you get a little more expanded play (some cart fee only, some with a few more $$$ per play).
'03ag
And just like that. I have a 757 on Saturday and an 844 on Sunday.

ONE privileges are Sunday through Thursday btw. I'll be dropping that soon
Prior22
AG
Just moved from NYC back to the DFW area and I was interested in the YEX membership. I live in Grapevine and was considering Trophy Club as my home course, but I also noticed Timarron was on the the list. But it looks like Timarron doesn't offer the YEX membership. Am I reading this right?

Looks like a lot of the other details regarding the membership are listed above in the thread, so I won't ask for the rundown again. Thanks in advance.
TUhatr
AG
Prior you are right...does not look like Timaron is on there. With the ONE privleges for an extra 50 bucks per month you can play at other courses near you for cart fee usually. But it is only Sunday through Thursday.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.