Do recruits like sip?

3,819 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by GSPag`
Science Denier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hear that sip will always get good talent, but it appears that recruits just don't like them. They make fun of them.

It was apparent when we left for the SEC that A&M was going to be the place for top recruits to go, but at least sip would get pretty decent leftovers. However, that doesn't seem to be the case any longer.

Sip has always been very gimmicky and they still got decent talent. But lately, seems that recruits are not just telling horn to FO because they have better offers. They are telling horn to FO and laughing at them.

When high school players flash the horns down sign on their pages, well, that's pretty bad.
Shoefly!
AG
Wait a damn minute, they got a proven 5* QB out of Cali that has offers from all over the nation. Even Jimbo offered.
His athleticism and metrics is off the charts. His number's, well there's nothing to see here. But but but he signed with sips so you know he's the real deal. Sark after Dark was the true motivator and Kingpin in the Alabama National Championship machine.
See how easy that is to type up? Now I have to slip my boots on and trudge out of the 2 feet of crap I just created.
CrottyKid
AG
Oops. Just lost a 5 star RB commit.
PneumAg
Last time sip was remotely decent, the kids being recruited right now were 3 or 4 years old. When sip was gifted the national championship by the refs, these kids were like 1 year old, or not even born yet.

A&M has been a member of the SEC and the more prominent, high profile program in every respect since these kids started grade school. Winning the orange bowl and having a top 5 finish with a national championship coach 6 months ago doesn't hurt either.

Also, for decades, sip was a much larger institution than A&M and had a massive advantage just from a pure numbers standpoint. Not anymore. A&M enrollment has been higher than sip's enrollment since about 2008, and it has been significantly higher for about 10 years. I'm not sure if that's good or bad from an academic perspective, but set that aside. From about right now and into perpetuity (unless sip sharply increases its enrollment) there will be more Aggies in this state and on this planet than longhorns. That means, on average for every recruit going forward, they are more likely to have Aggie teachers, coaches, trainers, friends, relatives, etc. around them and influencing them throughout their childhood and throughout the recruiting process. It also means more Aggie donors.

It's not coincidence that sip was last decent around 08/09. Every single advantage that sip had since the 1800s began quickly eroding around that time, and all of those advantages are now completely evaporated, other than maybe the fact that they get more undeserved favorable national media coverage than we do. But in high schools and coaching circles, they're being laughed at.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Ran across this little gem that is making its way around Twitter

AggieBand2004
AG
I wonder why Del willingly chose to look like Jeffrey Tambor auditioning for a movie about the Unabomber
Sea Speed
AG
he looks like the saturday night live version of sean connery if he were in a monster energy commercial.
Dark_Knight
AG
But they love to be weird and cool! Right?!
Because I'm Batman!

GSPag`
Also remember their high out of state enrollment and diversity.

Most leave the state and never had interests in football or any other sport. Not much $$$ coming back to the 40 acres.

And it will only get worse.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.