MORON student problem in Austin

6,506 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Baby Billy
Sbisa Chef
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/texas-longhorns/2019/09/09/texas-faces-student-section-issue-after-unsafe-game-experience-before-lsu-showdown/
Thanks and Gig'em!
Cromagnum
AG
Sounds like the big dumpster fire conference to me
technoviking
AG
**** show
SJEAg
AG
That made me cringe...another Hillsborough waiting to happen. Wouldn't necessary just blame the students either. Stadium and security need to be more prepared, especially if they tell non-guaranteed ticket holders it's first-come first-serve.
Spotted Ag
AG

Quote:

waiting for the gates to open for the Longhorns' biggest home game in the last decade.
LOL, we play LSU every year!

What a **** show.

3rd world college football in Austin.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

What occurred soon after could only be described as a "stampede" and an "unsafe environment." Students say hordes of people barreled through the gates, which led to staffers failing to check bags or tickets, and served as the dominant storyline on the same campus that hosted the biggest college football game of the week.
School shooters and terrorists are taking notes....
AgBQ-00
AG
How can a place that does nothing right get so much preferential treatment
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Wildcat
AG
Chris Del Conte just debunked this story by issuing a public statement that it did not happen.
95_Aggie
AG
Most of those students won't be back for another game anyway.
McInnis80
Can you blame them for not wanting to come back? Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Tech.
BohunkAg
AG
I read that as Mormon student problem. Carry on.
goodAg80
AG
BohunkAg said:

Spotted Ag
AG
goodAg80 said:

BohunkAg said:

I can!
DOG XO 84
AG
First...a fistfight turned into brawl in the stands. Then, stampede from students. Nice look, sips.
Bitter Old Man
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

What occurred soon after could only be described as a "stampede" and an "unsafe environment." Students say hordes of people barreled through the gates, which led to staffers failing to check bags or tickets, and served as the dominant storyline on the same campus that hosted the biggest college football game of the week.
School shooters and terrorists are taking notes....

Well, they will have to wait around for the next big-time home game, so....
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Did they not have assigned seats? Or is the rumor I heard about students being offered general admission true?
aggiehawg
AG
Aggie Joe 93 said:

Did they not have assigned seats? Or is the rumor I heard about students being offered general admission true?
Everything I have read says it was true. They needed to pack the stadium for Game Day and ESPN. Students who didn't buy a sports portion with their tuition were allowed into the stadium. Melee results.

A&M has occasionally done some really dumb things. Sips just have this tendency to take things to a whole other level with the dumb.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Did the students with a sports pass have an assigned seat or did they get screwed over and have to fight for a seat, as well?
AgBQ-00
AG
Everything I have seen says it was a free for all
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Stat Monitor Repairman
"It was just a complete stampede of people. I got knocked over. Somebody pulled me up and there was a footprint on my back."

Lol.
Muy
AG
Tech students are jealous they didn't think of such a stupid plan.
HeyMoe
AG
There was an incident back in the 70s where a bunch of rock music fans got trampled and killed when the promotors threw open the doors and the fans rushed in to get the best spots on the floor. Since then, most venues ban that type of thing. But then, "We're Texas"
AgCat93
AG
HeyMoe said:

There was an incident back in the 70s where a bunch of rock music fans got trampled and killed when the promotors threw open the doors and the fans rushed in to get the best spots on the floor. Since then, most venues ban that type of thing. But then, "We're Texas"

It was a concert by The Who in Cincinnati in 1979. 11 killed.
screw-tu
What an absolute cluster****. Glad they plan on getting these issues resolved before the "big Oklahoma State game"
I do feel kind of bad for the students or their parents that shelled out $175 for this Big Ticket allowing them to attend all home games. I still don't understand why they would not be guaranteed a seat that was paid for over these dumbasses who paid nothing.
ghollow
AG
According to my niece who is a sophomore at 'sip, the "Big Ticket" is a home game all sports pass. It is general admission. In other words, no assigned seats. It is first come, first serve hence the reason for the melee. The first ones in get the best seats.
Bobcat06
AG
Spotted Ag said:

Quote:

waiting for the gates to open for the Longhorns' biggest home game in the last decade.
LOL, we play LSU every year!

What a **** show.

3rd world college football in Austin.
Texas's biggest home game in a decade was our second biggest home game last year.
CanyonAg77
AG
ghollow said:

It is first come, first serve hence the reason for the melee. The first ones in get the best seats.

Simple fix: you have the "big ticket", it allows you to line up and draw assigned seat tickets Thursday before the game
huisachel
a bigger problem is the Bevo Boulevard they are pushing,. It packs a jillion people into the streets for a good while before the game and is a security nightmare. An El Paso shooter type could kill a hundred people before the cops could get a shot off. And us civilians are not allowed to take guns in the stadium to protect ourselves.

a disaster waiting to happen.

Plus, I don't like having to push my way through the milling herd (that is a rural term) of geeks just standing around getting drunks

Aggie Joe 93
AG
The seat saving that accompanies the stampede is sure to settle down the emotions.
vansprinkle
AG
Gomer95
AG
Quote:

According to my niece who is a sophomore at 'sip, the "Big Ticket" is a home game all sports pass. It is general admission. In other words, no assigned seats. It is first come, first serve hence the reason for the melee. The first ones in get the best seats.
That must be from their AD Chris Del Conte. The students have done that at TCU while he was here and still do and yes it's a frantic rush for the student seats but it is in no way dangerous because there's not a lot of students to rush in when the gates open and cause problems. Trying that at t.u. is a totally different animal because of the crowd size and mentality of that crowd and while some of his changes he's implementing from a small school mentality are working (Ex. Look at Frog Alley....I mean Horn alley with stuff for our fans to do on gameday!) things like this are just accidents waiting to happen.

It doesn't surprise me because he's a slick used car salesman con man guy that's a jerk and an idiot who fell into a school at TCU with good already established coaches and one alumni basketball coach that wanted to come back but otherwise he is a big dork and the sips and he totally deserve each other.
Born Maroon
AG
Say what you will about Del CVnte but he knows his fanbase.
One trip to the state fair confirms it. The unwashed t-shirt masses will show up in droves for the "free" bread and circus show every time.
He knows there is no real tailgate atmosphere on the 40 so by gawd, he'll throw the party, for free. Anything to stave off the declining ticket sales and breathe life into their abysmal home schedule.

Unfortunately for him, t.u. lost their superbowl. If they drop 2 games to the Okie schools, they'll be under 50K for the Kansas game.

Gomer95
AG
True and I know he knows how to orchestrate the show and sell the used shiny car but not long after you leave the lot the car falls apart.
DGAG92
AG
Does anyone have the video of the Baylol tards in their pregame stampede? Big12 gonna Big12.....
Class of 1992
Postal
AG
Very unfortunate, and I hope no one was seriously injured or is injured in the future. That being said, this is why A&M's move to the SEC still looks great. Texas does not get big games like this as often, and when they do they lose their minds. They know that the rest of the season the biggest conference game is either Tech or TCU, but even then I bet that those games don't motivate the students like we saw in the video. Do they need better security and to be better prepared? Sure, but they're going to be prepared for the next home game and then not have an issue because the opponent is Kansas State. Meanwhile, Texas is begging A&M to play, and Texas is scheduling every SEC team for the next 12 seasons so that they can have this atmosphere more often just to be unprepared when the game is actually played.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.