Mt. Vernon HS - "Get over it. Get with it. It's happening."

11,623 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Owlagdad
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interesting article in espn.com about the cronyism of the people responsible for the hiring of Art Briles, specifically the Ramsay family, who has been playing goalie for Baylor since the day the first rape was reported at Baylor. The Ramsays also pretty much run everything in Mt. Vernon, including the high school.

Quote:

The overwhelming feeling among the town's power brokers is that this was an unbelievable opportunity -- a chance to help a coach who was clearly wronged, in their opinion; a lucky break for a small town to get a legendary coach who had been made a scapegoat by the Baylor board of regents.

"A school district has an opportunity to hire someone like this to coach your kids? I don't know how you could turn that down," said Tom Ramsay, 79, a former five-term state legislator whose name adorns the section of Highway 37 that runs in front of Mount Vernon High School and who had four children who went to Baylor. "I'm impressed with his character."
Quote:

But folks in town knew to ask a Ramsay about the hire: On the streets of Mount Vernon, you don't have to look far to find the Ramsay name.
Directly across from the high school, across the highway named for Tom Ramsay, is the Law Office of Landon W. Ramsay. Landon's dad, Lanny, was a judge here in Franklin County from 1971-75, then became a justice for decades in the Eighth Judicial District overseeing Franklin, Delta and Hopkins counties. Will Ramsay, Lanny's other son, has been the district attorney for the Eighth District since 2013.
Landon and Will are Baylor men. Both graduated from Baylor as undergrads and then from Baylor Law School. And Leigh Anne Ramsay, Landon Ramsay's wife, is listed in Baylor's football media guide from 2014-16 as assistant director of campus recruiting under Briles, a position generally responsible for things like coordinating recruits' visits, organizing visiting players' schedules for game days and other special events.
At that same time, Landon worked as a prosecutor at the McLennan County Criminal District Attorney's Office in Waco. Michael Landon Ramsay -- of the Facebook post -- is a cousin of Landon's. Leigh Anne, Landon and Will Ramsay did not answer queries from ESPN about Briles' hiring.
"If he did what he was accused of, it would be a big problem in our family," Tom Ramsay said. "But we don't think he's guilty of anything."
How they can say this with a straight face is beyond my comprehension, unless all of these people are just truly evil, and care more about winning high school football games than anything else.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26943300/how-small-texas-town-reacted-hiring-art-briles
West Point Aggie
AG
Awwwww so briles is a victim in their eyes...

/facepalm
Joe Exotic
AG
They condone rape to win football games.
goodAg80
AG
Briles' mantra is winning.
He figures if he is winning he is right by God, because God wouldn't let him win otherwise.
So PEDs, academics, crime, rape, assault, etc. can be forgiven by God since Briles is God's representative.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Briles and his son are POS and apparently attract like individuals.
dixichkn
AG
T&P to the girls at Mt Vernon HS
West Point Aggie
AG
goodAg80 said:

Briles' mantra is winning.
He figures if he is winning he is right by God, because God wouldn't let him win otherwise.
So PEDs, academics, crime, rape, assault, etc. can be forgiven by God since Briles is God's representative.

Scary
91_Aggie
AG
Baylor alumni, every single one of them, believe Briles is a victim and a saint.

They are all deluded, sad people.
Tom Hagen
AG
Cynical_Texan said:

Is his son still coaching with Lane Kiffin?
CrottyKid
AG
UIL might want to go ahead and drug test Mt. Vernon
45-70Ag
AG
Tom Hagen said:

Cynical_Texan said:

Is his son still coaching with Lane Kiffin?

I think he's the OC at Florida state
Callate Donnie
91_Aggie said:

Baylor alumni, every single one of them, believe Briles is a victim and a saint.

They are all deluded, sad people.
Ya, this isn't true. I work with several and, while they miss the success under Briles, they are ashamed of what happened and hold him accountable. Just like there are bad apples in our bunch, there are good in theirs.
. . .
goodAg80
AG
He "learned lessons". Never admit you did anything wrong.
nortex97
AG
He really looks like crap. Which, I'm fine with.
McInnis80
"Is that an A&M question?"
goodAg80
AG
nortex97 said:

He really looks like crap. Which, I'm fine with.
That's an insult to crap.
wbt5845
AG
Frankly, I'm surprised it took so long. East Texas has so many towns with plenty of $$$ - so much old oil money there - towns that REALLY wanna win football and are southern Baptist to the core. Towns that are run by one rich family.

I have no doubt Mt. Vernon will win - and win a lot - because that's just the kind of place that's willing to do whatever it takes. Kinda like Stephenville.
Bucketrunner
Disgusting
A History Of Violence
AG
The school should probably install security cameras all over that mofo campus.
Velvet Jones
AG
Homecoming at Mt. Vernon High will from now on be known as the Number 6 Dance
A History Of Violence
AG
MiniShrike said:

That one is deep and it will not be caught.
Serious Lee
yall know this is all part of the BOMC, right?
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Awww...how cute. He's got him an old man perv goatee.
DayAg!
S
I still say someone should be in prison. Just not calling any names.
wbt5845
AG
MiniShrike said:

Great Blazing Saddles reference
JD05AG
AG
Quote:

"Get over it. Get with it. It's happening."
Baylor athletics motto, whether you want it or not.
HeyMoe
AG
If I'm the father of a Mount Vernon high school girl I'm paying a visit to Briles office and telling him "one of your players gets out of line with my daughter I'm coming to see you first".
HeyMoe
AG
MiniShrike said:

Greatness.
3rd Platoon
AG
Jeezus..... I damn near spat out my water when I read this!

PhatMack19
AG
Briles gets his 1st win at MV

goodAg80
AG
It's amazing how quickly steroids can make a difference.
Bucketrunner
Still a piece of human flotsam.
Owlagdad
That ain't the Bonham Warriors of old. That town has as many shuttered businesses as Baltimore. Fanning county is sheet hole. Can see him siphoning from mt pleasant, sulphur springs , rivercrest and Pittsburg
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.