ESPN/ABC passed on the Red River Shootout to air an SEC team

5,313 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So,per the Big XII contract, in odd numbered years (here)

http://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/GameList/Big12/2019#.XPFM3YhKjcs

Quote:

Big 12 selection order for each week will be determined via a draft of weeks before the season. In even numbered years, FOX will retain the top choice of weeks and in odd numbered years, ESPN wiil have it.

ESPN/ABC has the first pick the biggest game of the year it wants in the Big 12. This year it happened to think it was LSU/Texas instead of the biggest conference game of OU/Texas, which was left to Fox at 11 AM. I guess ABC wanted a prime time game instead of a sheety 11 AM game.
ShaggySLC
SEC keeps being like this to the big 12

ClassOf17
DadofEaston said:

Sips like it like that
goodAg80
AG
ClassOf17 said:

DadofEaston said:

Sips like it like that
She looks OK. I think I would like it like that too.
Flexbone
But guys, they beat GEORGIA!!!
Your Friend
So Texas was the first choice?
Flashdiaz
AG
LSU was dip****
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Your Friend said:

In the Big12, yes. Thats like hanging your hat on being the best looking piece of fecal matter in the porta can on a construction site. Gun to their head, they had to take a game with a Big12 team, might as well have been one people will actually kinda care about. And why do they care? Because Daddy SEC is involved. You're welcome lil bro.
coolerguy12
AG
Your Friend said:

In the scientific method you keep all variables constant except one. That way you know any change in outcome was a result of that change in variable. I'll let you take it from here Einstein.
BohunkAg
AG
lda6339 said:

Your Friend said:

In the Big12, yes. Thats like hanging your hat on being the best looking piece of fecal matter in the porta can on a construction site. Gun to their head, they had to take a game with a Big12 team, might as well have been one people will actually kinda care about. And why do they care? Because Daddy SEC is involved. You're welcome lil bro.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Every conference brags about the opportunity to play an SEC team.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

the biggest conference game of OU/Texas, which was left to Fox at 11 AM

The RRS has been at 11 a lot, even when both teams were top 10. 2008 was one example. This doesn't necessarily mean much. And being on Fox isn't any different than being on ABC was then.

RRS Box Score 2008
BohunkAg
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Quote:

the biggest conference game of OU/Texas, which was left to Fox at 11 AM

The RRS has been at 11 a lot, even when both teams were top 10. 2008 was one example. This doesn't necessarily mean much. And being on Fox isn't any different than being on ABC was then.

RRS Box Score 2008
ABC would've had it if they wanted it....would've been at 11 AM on ABC....they passed, opting instead for LSU/Texas, which would've gone to Fox otherwise. Your point about the RRS being at 11 AM makes no sense.
Charlie 31
AG

Big XI AM Conference
ABATTBQ11
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Big XI AM Conference

My first thought was that was a picture of the circle of suck
AgDotCom
Charlie 31 said:

Big XI AM Conference
You'd think I'd get numb and tired of this stuff after seeing it repeatedly over the last several years. Glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I saw this.
Artimus Gordon
That tells you right there what espn/abc thinks of big12 conference games. When they would prefer a a non-conference sec/tu matchup over the historic RRS OU/tu conference game to possibly determine the champion of the big12. It highlights the drawing power of the SEC.

I'll bet espn doesn't think much of the longhorn network either after consecutive years of failure.
Your Friend
Flashdiaz said:

LSU was dip****

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Dumbass
JunctionNephew
Would or Wood?

Gator Bait
45-70Ag
AG
Your Friend said:

Thank you for posting here, because no matter what I say, there is no way i could ever match the level of dumb ass you've achieved.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.