Big XII actively tried to avoid back to back game fir championship

1,499 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by No Bat Soup For You
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Look at the match ups for last week of the season. It's pretty obvious they matched "should be good this year" vs "ought to be horrible" in order to minimize chances of back to back games.

Baylor @ TCU
Texas Tech @ Texas
Iowa State @ Kansas State
Kansas@ Oklahoma State
West Virginia @ Oklahoma
ABATTBQ11
AG
Believe it or not, schedules are planned in order to avoid multiple big games on the same day and to maximize viewership throughout the season, including keeping teams with a high probability of being undefeated from playing each other into the end. It's built into the scheduling algorithms to basically make the season a bracket, with some exceptions to keep people interested in the middle of the season. Every league, even the pros, do it to maintain excitement throughout the season.
The Collective
AG
wbt5845 said:

Texas Tech @ Texas

Remind me which one of these is playing the part of piece of flaming dog poo again?
aggiehawg
AG
wbt5845 said:

Look at the match ups for last week of the season. It's pretty obvious they matched "should be good this year" vs "ought to be horrible" in order to minimize chances of back to back games.

Baylor @ TCU
Texas Tech @ Texas
Iowa State @ Kansas State
Kansas@ Oklahoma State
West Virginia @ Oklahoma
Well, That's traditionally rivalry week. Baylor/TCU hate each other. Tech hates everybody but particularly the sips.

Moving Bedlam seems to be designed to not have back-to-back games between Sooners and Pokes for the championship game. I seem to recall a couple of years back, the way the PAC divisional play worked out, the same teams played a week later in the PAC CCG. Very low ratings on the rematch game.

That's what they were trying to avoid, I think.
McInnis80
The lack of having division winners makes scheduling difficult. They could still have a round-robin schedule and still have two divisions. One division would be the Bevo Division, with OU, OSU, WVU, TCU and Tech, and the other division would be the Hook 'em Division with Texas, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
CJS4715 said:

wbt5845 said:

Texas Tech @ Texas

Remind me which one of these is playing the part of piece of flaming dog poo again?

Neither one had a chance of winning the conference so that match up was obsolete.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.