I Actually Agree with Mack Brown

6,324 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by goodAg80
HarleySpoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once I got to read a fairly unbiased article on what Mack Brown actually said about the upside down hook'em....I actually agree with him. My understanding is that one of his players was called for unsportsmanlike conduct for giving a "guns down" salute after scoring a touchdown in Lubbock this weekend. Mack said if that is grounds for an unsportsmanlike conduct call..then horns down should be too as it is disrespectful. If an Aggie gets called for a "guns down" salute then others should be called for a "horns down" against tu or a "thumbs down" against A&M....within the same league of course. Flame if you want, but taking comments out of context is the speciality of our little children to the north and is not necessary when you have a university and team like ours. But yes, I agree it is fun to laugh at Mack and that the vast majority of what Mack says makes him look like the Joe Biden of college football.
UTex09
No no stop, Mack is a titty baby and there's absolutely no way any quote would EVER be taken out of context on Rivalries.
UTex09
Mike Davis got flagged 15 yards for holstering the guns up, is what you're referring to
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
TAKE IT TO THE LAND THIEVES BOARD!!! THAT'S THEIR HAND SIGN!!!! THEY INVENTED THAT ****!!!!!

[This message has been edited by AGSPORTSFAN07 (edited 11/6/2012 8:58a).]
Skull Session
Mack has got all the chips in his corner, yet he continues to whine.

The horns down sign has been around a lot longer than the excessive celebration penalty, it should be grandfathered into the rule book!
switzerland
I don't have a problem with a player doing the horns down after making a big play or scoring. It's still a game and you aren't hurting anyone by doing it. If you don't want them to do the horns down, score more points and make more big plays.
RK
AG
quote:
Mike Davis got flagged 15 yards for holstering the guns up, is what you're referring to

he got flagged for doing it again...after he was warned the first time. rather than worrying about what may or may not be considered acceptable, he should worry about not being a dumbass.
HarleySpoon
AG
Article didn't say anything about being warned the first time....that makes a big difference.
Kooch 3:16
AG
The problem is the notion that it's "disrespectful". Poor ****ing Mack gets his feelings hurt because people are disrespecting that ****box team. Give me a ****ing break.

Believe me, if they were undefeated at this point and Padre A&M wasn't kicking ass in the SEC, this wouldn't be a story because he wouldn't have addressed it...
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
The sip got the flag because he was taunting the crowd. It wasn't simply because he made a gesture. He made it AT the crowd.
el aggie
AG
He did it twice, and Mack didn't say a thing about it. Probably didn't want to hurt the kid's feelings.
Rydyn
AG
A "Horns down" on the field after a score would be a penalty.

A "Horns down" in front of a camera on the sideline is not.
BQ_90
AG
Well this means Mac had issues with the officials not that it's disrespectful. But he'd be pretty hypocritical questioning the officials since they gave him a win over OSU.

goodAg80
AG
Take this to the ILoveMack board.
switzerland
Where is the "IhateMack" board?
goodAg80
AG
www.s.h.a.g.g.ybevo.com
Decay
AG
The actual incident does bring up a good point about 'disrespecting'. If a player sacks Ash and then throws a horns down in his face, I think they'd flag it every time. The issue is where Mack goes straight to "the league should address that". No, the league does not exist as your personal security. I hope Mack didn't encourage his guy to do that to make a point to the conference... I mean he wouldn't do that right?
switzerland
I don't think Mack or any other horn expected to score so I can't imagine they set this up.
85AustinAg
AG
OP - too long didn't read... BTW
Lloyd Christmas
Mack Brown is a titty baby ***got with the last 19 inches of his rectum non-functional.
Bigsteve713
AG
quote:

This

How many players have you seen give a horns down after a big play or TD, very few, when you see a horns down its in a crowd **** or some players standing by the bench
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Tceh seniors went 0-4 against Mack.
AggieTFA06
AG
giving a horns down is disrespectful?

What about giving the middle finger on tv?
(someone please post the picture of Mack Brown giving the middle finger on tv, I believe it was against baylor on prime time)

To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
RodneyThomas86
AG
AgDotCom
So Mack Brown thinks that "holstering guns" is the same thing as "Guns Down".

That means numerous end zone celebrations over the years in both college and the NFL were done to diss Texas Tech.

Dude is senile. Is he eating through a straw these days?
Saint Arnold
AG
quote:

LitreBoy
AG
OU just needs to make their official hand sign as the "horns down", that way every time the horns do "horns up" they get flagged.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
6-6 Upgrade Froggies
5-7 Upgrade Couchburners
Losing by 50 to Land Theives
LHN total meltdown failure.
Aggies rolling in SEC
JFF going to Heisman ceremony.

And Mack is worried about horns down signs.
Please tu don't fire this idiot, er, great coach.
Frankie T
If a ref thinks a player is going over the top with his celebration or trying to taunt an opponent he can call it a personal foul. Doesn't matter if it's horns down or holstering guns or what. If the BDF makes a rule that the horns down is specifically a personal foul any time it is done, that's absolutely ridiculous. Takes the ref judgement out of what is and what isn't a penalty and once again would give prefferential to one member of the conference over the others.

So yeah, I still think Mack is an idiot for even saying that out loud, much less to the media.
Andy Farmer
As someone else said, Davis got flagged for doing the "holster" thing a second time.

Brown is still a huge vagina.
cooperjkk
Sounds like you did a good job of finding a source without bias.

It's not just about what the hand signal is, its also about how its done. If a player is doing it to taunt the opposing team/fans they need to be flagged.

There is some obvious exceptions... But good lord, how PC does football have to be that a 'horns down' reference executed in a non taunting way becomes a penalty.
Gerg MarmaIard
http://oi55.tinypic.com/11b244x.jpg
EVA3
AG
quote:
OU just needs to make their official hand sign as the "horns down", that way every time the horns do "horns up" they get flagged.

Brilliant.
goodAg80
AG
Gerg-

You should by stars, so we can see that gif.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.