Real Estate
Sponsored by

Liability only coverage?

1,057 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Dr. Venkman
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We've discussed this before but didn't really come up with any answers. Is anyone doing it? Company used and cost? Im currently with Travelers and USAA and both told me no. A couple of my rentals near campus hold their full value in the lot alone. Currently paying for property coverage that's not needed.
schwack schwack
AG
We've wondered about this too. Several of our rentals are in historic districts so we couldn't rebuild at a reasonable cost anyway. We dropped down to cash value several years ago for just what we have in them but it's still high. Most of our properties have recouped the full amount of our investments by now. We have a very expensive liability policy to cover people - I need to check into what happens if we drop property coverage.
SteveBott
AG
I don't think the solution was ever found. At least from what I remember.
schwack schwack
AG
Quote:

I don't think the solution was ever found. At least from what I remember.

On TexAgs!?!?!? No way.
Dr. Venkman
AG
I have a general liability policy on 6 properties. $2 mil aggregate, $1 mil personal and advertising, $1 mil each occurrence limits. We just got our renewal and the premium is $500/yr plus ~$200 in fees. Found it here through Rollo Insurance. It's been $500 for years so I assume the premium should be much lower for the risk, but that's their minimum premium.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.