Real Estate
Sponsored by

Looking for an appraiser than can do appraisal in Athens, TX by August 5th

1,072 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggiehunter34
oglaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a client that has a contract on a house in Athens, Tx and the guy that was supposed to do the appraisal bailed last minute and we need one done by August 5th. Any recommendations on who could help in that area?
mncag
Might have a guy, what kind of property.

send me your contact, monty@texasrehabloan.com
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
is it a conventional loan? if so, the appraisal will need to go through the AMC process.
Shooter McGavin
AG
Jay@AgsReward.com said:

is it a conventional loan? if so, the appraisal will need to go through the AMC process.

The lender is required to select and engage the appraiser BUT IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE FROM AN AMC.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
correct. but it does have to go through the AIR compliance process if a conventional loan. I am assuming if not a local bank the lender is not likely to have an appraiser in Athens on their panel. My point was simply that finding an appraiser of their own does not work. We have a panel and make portfolio loans so do not also have to go through the AMC process in every case but find that is not the norm.
Aggiehunter34
S
Good luck. I have had several get dropped in the Athens area. Doing one in Brownsboro and 7 appraisers turned it down before finding one to do it and they are charging crazy amounts. We went through the AMC.%A0

Hopefully you can find someone. I know it can be frustrating. Best of luck.%A0
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.