Real Estate
Sponsored by

Need short term housing for wife and kid through December

1,570 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 2007fightintexasaggie
garrettt331@tamu.edu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fellow Aggies,

My wife and I are in a bit of a pickle. Our current land lords have decided they want to sell the house we are in, meaning we have to leave. I have accepted a temporary position at a firm in Arlington. My wife works here, so they need to stay here while this temp gig plays out. I defend my M.S. in late June. I think I will have no problem finding a job after this, but seeing that we have to be out of our current rental by July 25th, I am struggling to find short term options. If you or anyone you know has a rental that they would allows us to rent until December, please get in touch with me. We do have a small dog.
histag10
AG
where is "here"?
garrettt331@tamu.edu
College Station
garrettt331@tamu.edu
Just to clarify, apartment, condo, town home, duplex, or house would all be great. We are also willing to pay a premium since it would not be a year lease. Thanks again for any consideration or thought.
SteveBott
AG
What exact dates, from and to, do you need?
TXCityGirl
The Hawthorne at Traditions apartments are for adults and families and will do 6-month leases, or they have in the past.
garrettt331@tamu.edu
Steve- we have to be out of this house by July 25th, so that would be the absolute latest for move in and we would want the lease to continue to the end of December.

TXCityGirl- Thanks I will look into that.
garrettt331@tamu.edu
End of December meaning the second half of December 14th-31st.
garrettt331@tamu.edu
TXCityGirl

While they do offer 6 month leases, they are only allowed a certain number of expirations per month. Currently the shortest term they have is 11 months according to the employee responding to emails.
TXCityGirl
Post on the Aggieland board - there might be someone here locally on there that has a second home or rental property they could offer.
dpryor
AG
I may have an option for you. My mother's house in Bryan is empty right now. We have a possible option for renting it, but I'm waiting to hear if that is going to work out. If not, we were going to put it on the market this summer, but I would be willing to hold off and rent it short term. It is a 4-bed house, so it might be more than you want to spend, but text or call me at 817-307-0987 if you want to discuss it. My name is Doug.
AgNColorado
Forwarded this thread my wife. She has a condo that will be open beginning of July that sounds perfect.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Sent you an e-mail - I also might have something that would work out.
Nutmegger
AG
I too am looking for a shorter lease term. The Regency Gardens offers leases ending Feb 15th which was the earliest I could find (though they do charge a premium).
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
E-mail?
Nutmegger
AG
megan.johnson@tamus.edu
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
E-mail sent if you want to remove your info from this thread.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.