Real Estate
Sponsored by

Quickest Closing - Investment Property; traditional financing

2,290 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by zap
Premium
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking at buying a beach house in Port Aransas but need to get it closed ASAP in regards to summer rental income.

Assumptions: $335K, great credit, appraises good, inspection no major issues, private party sell but all documents filled out and pricing is decided on already. The only side bar is we are receiving a gift to cover the down payment of 20%.

What is the quickest you could see something like this getting closed?

While I'm here, what would be a screamin rate on a 30 year if I saw one?
SteveBott
AG
I can do 20 days but pushing it. I will PM rate

PM sent
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Gift funds are not allowed on conventional loans for investment properties with both Fannie/Freddie:

Fannie investment property guides

Freddie Mac investment guides

Premium
AG
Make the gift into a loan
Premium
AG
26.2 said:

Make the gift into a loan

Go on...

It actually is a loan. We just can't sell one of our other houses quick enough to use the equity in this new one.
Deats99
AG
Probably 15-20 days if your paperwork is in order. Contact info is in my profile.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Premium
AG
Deats99 said:

Probably 15-20 days if your paperwork is in order. Contact info is in my profile.

Did you see the part about gift funds for down payment ?
Deats99
AG
Did you see the part about it being a loan?

Different investors for different people.
Premium
AG
Deats99 said:

Did you see the part about it being a loan?

Different investors for different people.

I didn't connect the dots that was what you were suggesting. Like a bridge loan?
Deats99
AG
Sorry I thought you were someone else. You said it is actually a loan though right?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Premium
AG
Deats99 said:

Sorry I thought you were someone else. You said it is actually a loan though right?

We can essentially get a loan in the form of a gift from our parents for a down payment on an investment short term rental. There is proven rental history and the entire summer is already booked out.

Additionally, we have a long term rental in Denton that has enough equity to cover the down payment and we were considering selling it to pay back the gift funds.
So structure your loan that way. Draw up loan docs and submit to your lender. Also, stop calling it a gift if its a loan.
Premium
AG
26.2 said:

So structure your loan that way. Draw up loan docs and submit to your lender. Also, stop calling it a gift if its a loan.

Jay? Deats? Steve?
SteveBott
AG
Your solution presented to me in PM is the way to go
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
Unless you are someone that has a very similar situation to someone else I am working with, I just talked to your wife about a potential avenue to get this done.
Premium
AG
Jay@AgsReward.com said:

Unless you are someone that has a very similar situation to someone else I am working with, I just talked to your wife about a potential avenue to get this done.

Is this Deja vu
Baba Ganoush
AG
We went through something similar to this recently on an investment property I was buying when the lender completely screwed the deal at the last minute. My mom gave me a large sum of money to help purchase the house with cash and then we kicked off the refi process. To work through the gift aspect, I put together a one page loan agreement with my mom at 0% interest outlining all the payment terms, etc. That seemed to satisfy the new lender requirements.
Premium
AG
Baba Ganoush said:

We went through something similar to this recently on an investment property I was buying when the lender completely screwed the deal at the last minute. My mom gave me a large sum of money to help purchase the house with cash and then we kicked off the refi process. To work through the gift aspect, I put together a one page loan agreement with my mom at 0% interest outlining all the payment terms, etc. That seemed to satisfy the new lender requirements.

Unfortunately we can't buy all cash and then refi. We can borrow 20% and then refi.

Thinking this is a straight hard-money situation until we can sell our other house and repay the 20%.

Hard-money anyone?
zap
AG
I ran into a similar situation with a parental loan. I was told the money had to be seasoned for 60 days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.