Real Estate
Sponsored by

Texas Cash Out

1,968 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by Deats99
DFWTLR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the rules for title seasoning on a cash out refi in Texas? Married a month ago, I am not on title, my wife is and has owned the home for 6 years. Half the Loan Officers I talk to say they can do, the other half say I need to be on title for 6 months.

Thanks
unmade bed
there is no law or set rule. It is going to vary from lender to lender.

What they are worried about with the 6 month deal is that you are involved in a flip transaction where you bought from straw buyer last week (who bought from a seller that was in on the scam too) and are now taking out a loan that is worth more than the house and do not intend to ever make a payment.

You can thank scam artists who hit the banks for millions in losses in the mid-2000s for this silly rule requiring borrowers to be "in title" for a certain period of time. Its their response to the mortgage fraud scams, and no matter how legitimate your deal may seem, some lenders have a checklist and if one item on the list can't be checked off, they don't want your loan.
Martin Cash
AG
And you won't ever be 'on the title' unless your wife conveys an interest in the property to you.
Jay@AgsReward.com
Sponsor
AG
As long as your wife stays on the financing you should not have any seasoning issues. Of course, you would still have to qualify and can only go up to 80% loan to value per state law on a cash out loan.

Sponsor Message: AgsReward.com - Aggie Realtor Network, Mortgages, Up to 9k Cash-back. Real-time mortgage rates
Deats99
AG
6 months is the standard rule, but your wife's ownership should suffice.

"When the government fears the people, you have liberty; when the people fear the government, you have tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.