Chennedy Carter First WNBA Game Today

3,878 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Sports-Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Atlanta Dream will play the Dallas Wings today at 4pm on the CBS Sports Network.

DirecTV channel 221.
greg.w.h
AG
Thanks for posting this!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
aggieFann
Both teams are young so it'll be an interesting game. It will be good to see another Arike vs Chennedy matchup. I'll be tuned in.
greg.w.h
AG
Classic Carter. Got beat on the tip and turned around and got a steal...
aggieFann
Every time Carter hits the floor hard I hold my breath
Sports-Ag
AG
Atlanta wins 105-95

Carter
18 points
8 assists
5 rebounds
5-16 field goals
30 minutes
fitzwatema
AG
That's not a bad night for the rookie!
Ag Natural
AG
Chennedy is going to be a great pro.
greg.w.h
AG
The thing that struck me was she clearly was being coached to focus on distribution and trusted her teammates to score. She didn't feel she had force shots or carry the game by herself. I hope that means it is more fun for her. She seemed very relaxed in her normal intensity playing hard. Could be exactly what she needs to really break out and grow more.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Last night ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
greg.w.h
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

Last night ?
was Sunday, 7/26
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Wed 7:29 loss to Aces

3-11 3 assists = poor game !
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG

Wed 7:29 loss to Aces

3-11 3 assists = poor game !
17 friday in win. Better
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudybryan
Today Sunday 8/2

Dream-Fever Preview
The Associated Press
Consistency has eluded both the Atlanta Dream and Indiana Fever in the early part of play in the WNBA "wubble" ahead of their Sunday showdown in Orlando.

The Dream (2-1) have bracketed a 30-point loss to the Las Vegas Aces with victories over Dallas and New York, posting an 84-78 triumph over the Liberty on Friday. Betnijah Laney scored a career-high 30 points and rookie Chennedy Carter added 17, including a key basket in the fourth quarter when Atlanta was clinging to a two-point advantage after leading by as many as 14.

"I think what she did that made a huge difference tonight was some of her offensive rebounds," Dream coach Nicki Collen told the team's official website as Laney went 11 of 18 from the field and also finished with eight boards. "The late offensive rebound [and] putback she had was huge. The late steal on that baseline out-of-bounds. Just the little plays were big."

Carter, the fourth overall pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft, has gotten off to a quick start, reaching double figures in all three games and setting a season high with eight assists in Friday's win. The Texas A&M grad has been getting to the line consistently, sinking 16 of 19 free throws.

The Fever (1-2) have alternated losses and wins through their first three contests in the "wubble," absorbing defeats from Washington and Dallas around a victory over Phoenix. Rookie Julie Allemand tied a franchise record with 11 assists Friday night, but it was not enough as Indiana lost 76-73 to the Wings.

Indiana's bench tried to pick up the scoring slack, with Stephanie Mavunga accounting for 10 of the 37 points scored by the reserves, but the Fever shot just 36.1 percent.

"The game was winnable," Fever coach Marianne Stanley said. "I think we got a little bit frustrated offensively and didn't execute the way we can. Their length and size bothered us."

Indiana is challenged in terms of depth, with rookie point guard Kathleen Doyle day-to-day with an ankle injury along with forward Natalie Achonwa, who suffered a hamstring injury in the second quarter Friday and did not return. Erica Wheeler and rookie Lauren Cox have yet to play due to testing positive for COVID-19, but Cox has rejoined the team in Orlando.

"I can't wait to have them on the court, too, it's really hard to play so many minutes, especially when you play every two days," said Allemand, who has averaged 4.7 points and 5.3 assists running the point. About Doyle and Wheeler. "I hope that Katie will be there the next game and E-Dub will come as soon as possible, because we need that. We need to be a team and be together."

Indiana won the final two games of the three between the teams last year.

Game score Fever 93 Dream 77
aggieFann
Carter had limited minutes due to foul trouble today. If she didn't pick up 5 fouls, it may have been a different outcome but the Dream need a true center right now to compete.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
aggieFann said:

Carter had limited minutes due to foul trouble today. If she didn't pick up 5 fouls, it may have been a different outcome but the Dream need a true center right now to compete.
15 points
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
espn2 tuesday 6 Rudy below
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Rudybryan

espn2 tuesday 6 or

6;30
Time is 6pm Suddenlink Ch 36
greg.w.h
AG
Bonus: Courtney Williams is on the court at the end of the second quarter!
Cedar09
26 points and 4 assist. Not too bad!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Espn2 5p.m. Today
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Sports-Ag
AG
Atlanta loses by 1 but Carter with 35 points and 7 assist.
Cedar09
She had a great game!
aggieFann
Carter had a great game last night and shot very efficiently from the floor.
Cedar09
Cedar09
Carter get hurt or something? 3 minutes of playing time in the first half.
Whoooop22!
Yeah left ankle
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
out 6 games
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
aggieFann
She was definitely on her way to winning ROTY at the pace she was going so I'm hoping for a nice recovery.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Will she play tonight ? 6pm I believe. espn2
Rudybryan
Last night game commentators said she was going to play tonight
aggieFann
Dream posted a video of her highlights earlier with no caption so I'm assuming she's coming back
greg.w.h
AG
Just read this from the earlier post...wubble...

" Consistency has eluded both the Atlanta Dream and Indiana Fever in the early part of play in the WNBA "wubble" ahead of their Sunday showdown in Orlando."
jja79
AG
Hopefully after tonight this disgrace goes out of business and they can all go try to find a job.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.