No. 3 seed Texas A&M to host Albany in the first round

4,761 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by Ag_B_10
Gabe Bock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
The Texas A&M women's basketball team - a 3 seed - will host 14-seeded Albany in College Station in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament. Tipoff is Saturday at 5:30 p.m. CT at Reed Arena. If the Aggies can get by the Great Danes, they'll take on the winner of Arkansas vs. Dayton in a 6 vs. 11 matchup.

This is the Raleigh Regional so the Ags would head East to the State of North Carolina if they can get out of their own four-team pod ... setting up a potential Elite Eight national championship game rematch vs. No. 1 seed Notre Dame.

We'll have much more on this news, plus the latest on Vic Schaefer of reports of him possibly heading to Mississippi State, coming up in just a bit.
txsportsman10
AG
Whoop
Gabe Bock
Sponsor
AG
Logan is at the A&M selection show and they are "trying" to keep the Vic Schaefer news quiet, despite it blowing up on Twitter. I have a call in to Vic and I'm still trying to get him on the radio show tomorrow for his typical Tuesday morning radio hit. I doubt he'll come on because all signs point to Schaefer taking the job at Mississippi State ... barring a last-minute change of heart.

If Vic does decide to talk publicly or if Gary Blair issues a statement on the news, we'll obviously keep you posted. We'll also have selection show reaction from Blair and players coming up in just a bit.
Gabe Bock
Sponsor
AG
Special thanks to Mac Resource Computers for their sponsorship of all women's basketball content produced throughout the season at TexAgs.com! Once again this season, all WBB content will be available free ... so feel free to pass around any of our women's hoops stuff to your friends.
rosstradamas70
AG
very nice draw for the good guys!
biobioprof
Albany is so excited that they haven't put anything on their website yet:

Bucketrunner
Somebody please tell me where Albany is???!!!
cs69ag
AG
Probably so many hits it won't load properly!
Arkie fans and Aggie fans will be at the CS sub regional...can't see Albany or Dayton bringing many fans.
biobioprof
quote:
Somebody please tell me where Albany is???!!!

it's the State Capital of New York. Just to the west of Massachusetts on I90
mullokmotx
AG
I wonder if baylor people know where Bowling Green is?
biobioprof
quote:
I wonder if baylor people know where Bowling Green is?

especially since the ESPN pdf bracket says Bowling Green, KY, when the game is in Bowling Green, OH.
Ag_B_10
AG
If the Ags can get by Albany, is there a set time for Monday's game yet? Been looking but can't find one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.