Business & Investing
Sponsored by

What's the Aggie game you'll never forget?

386 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Every Ag has that one game they can still remember almost play by play.

For me, it's the 2007 TU game at Kyle Field. My family had season tickets when I was growing up, so I was there with my mom and dad, and that game has always stuck with me. Stephen McGee absolutely lit it up that day. In an offense that was usually built around the run, he threw for a career-high 362 yards and three touchdowns and helped lead A&M to a 38-30 win over TU.

With football season back, this has recently become a regular debate in the Frogslayer office. We're an Aggie-owned and operated custom software development shop full of Ags here in College Station, so everybody has a different answer. It's been fun hearing which games people immediately go back to and some of the stories behind them.

A lot of games start to run together over the years, but some of those days at Kyle, standing as part of the 12th Man, stick with you.

Our marketing junior filmed a handful of answers around the office. Check them out below.

What's the Aggie game you'll never forget?



Gig 'Em,
Jacob Stone '16
Frogslayer
howdy@frogslayer.com
(979) 900-3023
gvine07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The 2010 Nebraska game. We beat the spread the previous 4 weeks, and I think the game was close to a pick 'em. I was sure we were due a big L. For the first time ever with our hotel status, my wife and I couldn't get a hotel for the night. We also didn't have enough of our tailgate supplies. The weather was perfect, and our chili magically made enough for our tailgate, and others around. Right before it was time to go in someone came up to me and told me that we could sell our seats in the upper north endzone for $800 cash. We didn't have a hotel for the night, so I was ready to. My wife wouldn't let me, and I was going to be pissed she let me turn down $800 for a game I was sure we would lose.

When we were walking up the steps I saw a friend's dad and told him "I hope we remember this game for a long time."

We won 9-6, and fortunately we still remember it. It was the best atmosphere I've been in.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
07 Fresno St and 2010 Nebraska
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.