Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Any Of Y'all Have A Tailor In Bangkok?

2,393 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My old tailor in Bangkok is MIA and I'll be there next week. One of my largest customers is going to the expo and is interested in getting some stuff. I told him I would host him and show him around since I've been there a few times before. Hoping I can find a tailor that can get the same material they make Rhoback shirts out of and get like 10 of those too.

Also, if you have a good contact on some of the higher end knockoffs. He wants a Hublot knockoff and some LV stuff for girlfriend. I plan to bring him to Patpong and he is staying at a hotel near Sukhumvit Soi 11, so those two will be easy places to hit up.
txaggieacct85
AG
Irish 2.0
Plenty of expats and world travelers on this board. Figured it was as good a place as any to ask.
Ogre09
AG
"tailor"
Irish 2.0
Do believe some of y'all are conflating the tailors of Bangkok with the masseuses of Bangkok.

Both are world class though.
Stive
AG
Bobby Garia is a tailor that comes to the US twice a year and fits tons of people on Texags. He has huge business in Austin, Dallas, and Houston.

He's based out of Bangkok and I'm sure he'd make time to meet you while there. I'm not sure if he'd be able to turn the stuff around while you're in town but he ships stuff here all the time so there's that option.

Irish 2.0
Stive said:

Bobby Garia is a tailor that comes to the US twice a year and fits tons of people on Texags. He has huge business in Austin, Dallas, and Houston.

He's based out of Bangkok and I'm sure he'd make time to meet you while there. I'm not sure if he'd be able to turn the stuff around while you're in town but he ships stuff here all the time so there's that option.

Yeah. I've used Bobby stateside before. Thanks
Proposition Joe
I've heard he gets his kicks above the waistline.
Al Bula
AG
I know some guys that got good stuff from a tailor in the little shops in front of Banyan Tree hotel. I browsed the shop myself but didnt make time to get fitted. This was back in 2019, so no clue if the tailor is still there.
txaggieacct85
AG
12thMan9
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Do believe some of y'all are conflating the tailors of Bangkok with the masseuses of Bangkok.

Both are world class though.

Don't both adjust inseams?
Ronnie '88
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Put me down for thinking this was a troll post.

Also, relevant...
JDUB08AG
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I plan to bring him to Patpong and he is staying at a hotel near Sukhumvit Soi 11, so those two will be easy places to hit up.
I've been to Patpong. Learned a thing or 2 about physics that I didn't think were possible.
BDJ_AG
AG
Rajas is off of Soi 11 and is a great place to have stuff made. If you want some custom exotic boots walk down the road to TonyBoot.
Tormentos
AG
Used Peninsula tailors in Bangkok multiple times when I lived in Singapore. Check em out.

https://www.peninsulatailor.com/
gougler08
AG
This is probably a dumb question, but what does a tailored suit from Thailand run vs. US?
Comeby!
AG
Under $800 for an Italian wool custom suit. Compared to Men's Wearhouse, Jos A Bank, it's a steal.
CS78
I feel like Im reading some pizza gate code talk emails?
oldarmy1
AG
Empire Tailers
124 126 Sukhumvit soi 4 6, Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
https://www.theempiretailors.com/
Stive
AG
Comeby! said:

Under $800 for an Italian wool custom suit. Compared to Men's Wearhouse, Jos A Bank, it's a steal.

A custom from a tailor can run anywhere from 2-5k here in the states and you get what you pay for on the low end of that scale.

A pretty nice custom suit in Thailand, often using the same materials available here runs from about $800 on the low side to $2k on the really high side.

So less than half price doing it there rather than here.
Comeby!
AG
I just use Bobby.
gggmann
AG
Obsessions on the bottom corner floor of Nana Plaza will have what you need...

Seriously, Empire Tailors, Pinky, and Perry's are all reputable.

I stayed a couple of nights in Silom last summer, and Patpong was pretty dead, so I don't know if you'll find much there. You might want to hit the upper levels of MBK for some knockoffs. Maybe hit the Chatuchak weekend market. I don't know, I've never went hunting for knockoffs.
Irish 2.0
gggmann said:

Obsessions on the bottom corner floor of Nana Plaza will have what you need...

Seriously, Empire Tailors, Pinky, and Perry's are all reputable.

I stayed a couple of nights in Silom last summer, and Patpong was pretty dead, so I don't know if you'll find much there. You might want to hit the upper levels of MBK for some knockoffs. Maybe hit the Chatuchak weekend market. I don't know, I've never went hunting for knockoffs.

Nice try!!

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.