Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Whats your favorite stock right now

12,291 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by RightWingConspirator
txaggieacct85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
and why if you're willing to share
Quacked
define right now

best stock for short term, best stock for 1 year return, best stock for dividends, best stock for long term gains?
LMCane
my WYNN has gone up 46% since I bought
Carlo4
AG
LMCane said:

LOL came to post this. I bought in the low 60s last year and very happy so far. It's offset the Amazon losses purchased concurrently.
Troglodyte
AG
If I had to buy a stock today, I would buy AIV. All apartment REITs are trading at a discount to NAV, but I think AIV is going to get bought out soon.

Disclaimer: I do not own any AIV right now, but I may jump in soon.
Boy Named Sue
AG
VLO. But I got in at $90.
txaggieacct85
AG
LMCane said:

dang I sold that stock after tanking for so long
txaggieacct85
AG
Boy Named Sue said:

VLO. But I got in at $90.
I've owned VLO a few times over the years. solid company and have done business with them.

Nice campus in San Antonio RIM area.
txaggieacct85
AG
storey979 said:

define right now

best stock for short term, best stock for 1 year return, best stock for dividends, best stock for long term gains?
yes
Baby Billy
AG
AMZN is down around 50% from its all time high. Broad market down about 15% over the same time frame. Same story for NKE.

Edit: wrong emoji. This is a good thing and I'm loading up on both
ToddyHill
AG
My all time favorite stock to buy/hold is Apple.
giddings_ag_06
AG
Academy (ASO). Up 123% as of now. Feel like it has quite a bit more growth and currently have no plans to sell.
ac04
gumbo
LMCane
Bizarro Jerry said:

AMZN is down around 50% from its all time high. Broad market down about 15% over the same time frame. Same story for NKE.

Edit: wrong emoji. This is a good thing and I'm loading up on both
Nike has a .6 rating on my Fidelity (out of 10)

and since I bought it, it has gone up 43%
The Debt
Beef stock...but if the mood strikes I might switch to chicken stock.
YouBet
AG
PLUG. Industry leader in their space with some lucrative contracts and political backing. It's the one "green" company focused on hydrogen that I've owned for many years. It has paid well.

My original cost basis was about $0.45 and I sold several thousands shares at its peak around $70. That was a good day.

Still have several hundred shares with a cost basis around $5 although my average has gone up some because I've purchased more when it dips down to around $12-14. Lately it's been moving around +- $5 for a while so I basically buy more if the price is dipping whenever I have dividends spin off in the account it sits with my other stocks.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Not necessarily right now but Academy Sports and Outdoors was one of my top picks from last year.
12thMan9
AG
EPD, had for over 15 yrs. Consistent w/its dividend.
ET, another MLP w/good balance sheet & consistent dividend.

I'd be looking at energy sector or financial/insurance or consumables. All should do very well again this year.
Ronnie '88
fulshearAg96
AG
Bought EOG when it was at $50 for my boys.
JbKing45
Held ASO from 16 to 32…need some more winners like that one.
drred4
Have this as well and bought a good bit of AMZN
Carlo4
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
DVN
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
woodyhayes
Dollar General.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Energy is actually a tougher play right now to enter. I'd say everything is fairly priced. You've now got to pick specific winners instead of broad market success.

Anyone slinging shale stocks as your total energy exposure you gotta be careful. Shale's decline curves mean that returning capital to investors means not being able to drill future wells. It can quickly become a rob peter to pay paul situation like the last 5-6 years have played out.

My take is have a balance between supermajors, canadian oil sands, and some shale companies that were there in the beginning of the shale revolution.

Supermajors are never first, but they can operate at scale. Canadian oil sands don't have a reservoir problem and their capex translates to longer return lengths as its more similar to mining than drilling. Shale is the nice on off peaking switch to capacity. Once more LNG operations come online, decline problem won't be as bad.

I don't think you can go wrong just buying the NASDAQ 100 ETF like QQQ and hold. Tech's not going anywhere.
12thMan9
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Energy is actually a tougher play right now to enter. I'd say everything is fairly priced. You've now got to pick specific winners instead of broad market success.

Anyone slinging shale stocks as your total energy exposure you gotta be careful. Shale's decline curves mean that returning capital to investors means not being able to drill future wells. It can quickly become a rob peter to pay paul situation like the last 5-6 years have played out.

My take is have a balance between supermajors, canadian oil sands, and some shale companies that were there in the beginning of the shale revolution.

Supermajors are never first, but they can operate at scale. Canadian oil sands don't have a reservoir problem and their capex translates to longer return lengths as its more similar to mining than drilling. Shale is the nice on off peaking switch to capacity. Once more LNG operations come online, decline problem won't be as bad.

I don't think you can go wrong just buying the NASDAQ 100 ETF like QQQ and hold. Tech's not going anywhere.

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/12/27/after-leading-the-sp-500-in-2022-heres-why-energy/
Ronnie '88
one MEEN Ag
AG
12thMan9 said:

one MEEN Ag said:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/12/27/after-leading-the-sp-500-in-2022-heres-why-energy/

Rewind two-ish years ago. Oil just went negative. It was a very easy buy time because of how oversold oil and gas was. For example. OVV went to $2.30 a share then. Its now $50. There has been a big run up in OG over the last two years. I'm not saying it won't continue, there are strong reasons to think the OG industry will have good returns for the next 2-3 years at least. But I think we've reached a point where oil stocks tickers are fairly priced. OVV, isn't going to 20x in price over the next two years like it has. There is more downside risk to entering OG stocks today than there was 3,6,9,12,18,24 months ago. This is how run ups work. Unless you like buying high and selling low.
jagvocate
AG
Bought some VTLE today. I think it is underpriced.
pbrancazio
AG
Boeing
YouBet
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

Tech seems like a good play considering they are going to be more profitable coming out of this cutting all of that dead weight in labor.
Fredd
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

DVN

Baby Billy
AG
dlp3719
AG
I like MGPI. They make bourbon for a lot of folks.

For a long time, they sold new make bourbon at $600 per barrel to a lot of different brands. They have canceled a lot of contracts and now sell aged bourbon. 5 year barrel is like $4500 - $5000. Storage cost is virtually $0.

I bought in the 40's before all the inflation because bourbon is commodity based. I don't that I would add to my position at $100 but I'm not selling either.
GoAgs92
AG
Fredd said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

DVN

Nice yield…wow.
EnronAg
AG
I have some Devon and like the company and the yield…but how reliable are those special dividends?!?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.