Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Determine the Value of a Patent?

1,041 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by moses1084ever
The Fife
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Long story short I have a judgment against a company that is defunct, where a patent the company held was reassigned to the CEO at the same time as an attempt to collect on notes payable. Is there any way to get an estimate as to what the value of the patent is? I'm weighing whether it would be worthwhile to pursue fraudulent transfer action so that's an important piece of the puzzle.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Do you have the patent number in hand? I would talk with an IP lawyer. Even if there is some inherent value to it, they still require work to maintain, enforce, and make money with.
dallasiteinsa02
I think that action also allows for the assets of the CEO to be targeted.
The Fife
I do have the patent number, and I was told this would require action on the former CEO. Any idea if this is something they do at no charge? It would be great not to throw more good money after bad here.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Not sure about the no charge, but you may be able to get a way better idea of it.
94chem
Send a letter to the CEO that if he/she attempts to use, sell, reassign, or license the patent, you will inform all potential customers of the paper trail.

Do you want to use it yourself, prevent others from using it, or merely sell it?
moses1084ever
AG
There are advisory services available that will value intellectual property. Coincidentally, my company is in the process of having some IP valuations done.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.