Business & Investing
Sponsored by

File a Lawsuit against AT&T Uverse

3,496 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by YouBet
chn4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have any advice on lawyers or what I'd be getting myself into? Basically, I have an AT&T order summary (proof) from back in June where I called to lower my tv and internet package to $156.00 (yes including taxes and fees). They've been autodrafting around $200 every month since then and NOBODY gives two flying flips about it every time I call...just they typical "i'm sorry sir, our notes show you actually declined the discount". WHAT!? I was on the phone for 2 hours with them yesterday, transferred back and forth to a bunch of random people, spoke to a supervisor, and even tried talking to the customer loyalty dept. until my call got "disconnected" and then the supervisor never called me back.

Who wants to help me sue them for millions? lol
fourth deck
AG
I don't see how this rises to the level of a lawsuit. In the instance where someone had not charged the agreed upon amount in autopay and failed to correct it immediately I would:

1) stop autopay
2) flag the incorrect charge with my credit card as fraud (especially with written proof as you have OP)
TxAg20
AG
I don't have any advice for you, but if you include Suddenlink in your lawsuit, my wife will be happy to join as a plaintiff. Similar situation as yours.
500,000ags
AG
Wishing you luck, seriously.

I never got a confirmation email or proof. But, 3 years ago I was switching apartments and called to cancel uVerse service since they didn't service my new place.

I was told by the rep that I should get a refund based on the payment date and cancellation date. I don't pay any mind to it until 5-6 months later, I see my credit score was dinged almost 75 points. Something was wrong in the rep's calculation and I actually owed $65, I didn't pay because I had no idea since they kept sending late payments to my old place. So, please, sue them and get a big ass settlement.
AgShaun00
AG
same thing happened to me with wells fargo. I called to cancelled and then they sent a letter that said I had to call again to confirm it and kept paying.
Ranger222
AG
This convo makes me want to cancel all of my auto payments....seems like its a green light for these companies to continue to take whatever they want whenever they want....

All about the $$$$, **** customer service or loyalty
sawthemoffxx
This reminds me... I always opt to use the chatbox feature now. Talking to people is way more of a hassle and has a higher chance of screw up
Ragoo
AG
Weird. I just moved from house to apartment to house over a 3 month time period . Cancelled one account opened another. Got discounts. Mailed me a prepaid debit card with the balance between cut off dates.
PFG
AG
People still buy cable from the major providers?

Stream or GTFO
deadbq03
AG
Too late for the OP, but a friendly reminder that in Texas it's legal to record phone conversations if just one party (i.e. you) consents to the recording.

And there are apps for that.

I had an unrelated situation where I had a verbal agreement from someone but they didn't want to put it in writing because they didn't want to set a precedent. I got an app and called them back the next day to confirm our verbal agreement.
Post removed:
by user
03_Aggie
Call to cancel service. When they ask why tell them they have been over charging you $40 for the last 5 months. Enjoy $200 credit on your account or switch providers, if they don't seem to care, and move on with life.
bmks270
AG
I have an issue with ATT recently, may look into the above two options.

They clearly advertise a bait and switched with the billing. I called yesterday and couldn't get it resolved after like 40 minutes but I had to go. Haven't had time to call back yet, I went into the store first and they told me I had to call a number.

I got them because I hated COMCAST, well looks like they are equally bad with customer service.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Auto payments from a company completely unconcerned with customer relations seems like a bad idea.

I'd turn off autopsy and reject the last charge through my credit card. I might even have then get me another card number due to unauthorized charges on the account.
jagged
AG
sawthemoffxx said:

This reminds me... I always opt to use the chatbox feature now. Talking to people is way more of a hassle and has a higher chance of screw up

Agreed but I also had AT&T lie over chat about changing my plan and my new rate never got reflected in my billing. Twice. Changed to YouTube TV and talked them down to a good price to keep internet with AT&T. Highly recommend.
montejr
AG
AT&T Business is just as bad. I caught them fraudulently open another account to give me a "bundled" rate. The tip off was a Samsung tablet that arrived in the mail. When I made it to the fraud department to complain the guy interrupted me and then hung up.
Rydyn
AG
I had a similar situation with AT&T. Maybe we could do a class action suit. I cancelled my Direct TV with them and they kept charging me. I still had internet with them so for compensation, they credited my internet account (or so they said...) Well, that credit never appeared and they kept saying that they could see it in the system but that DirecTV hadn't sent it thru the system yet.

All that after leaving AT&T mobile after getting ripped off there. It's an absolutely horribly run company. Through and through.

Anyway... I'm gone and done with AT&T.
EliteZags
AG
F*** ATT please sue the S*** outta them, wasted so much of my time with worthless reps making multiple promises to remove a monthly internet equipment fee that was never supposed to be added and it never actually gets taken off, I have chat transcripts saved and made multiple threats to take legal action, just not worth my time for $7/month
EliteZags
AG
everyone go file a complaint at BBB

https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/long-distance-phone-service/att-0443-7935

just wrote out mine seems some are getting settlements from there, also just to stick it to them
SnowboardAg
AG
Agree with going to the BBB to file a complaint. I did that with AT&T earlier this year after they didn't honor a deal from a chat script. The executive office consumer resolution team called me and honored the pricing after I filed the complaint. IMO AT&T is terrible in customer service and I can't wait to get rid of them.
EliteZags
AG
Yup got a call a day later from some other special dept that's going to actually remove the fee now that a complaints been filed, still leaving my complaint up for how ridic this ordeal has been, everyone else should file as well
Bird Poo
AG
Sooooo glad I was able to switch to T-Mobile. AT&T is the worst.
YouBet
AG
One of the worst companies in America.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.