Any UK Ags know how to get tickets to a Premier League match?

3,236 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jack Bristow
Jack Bristow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

My family and I will be in Scotland and are hoping to catch a train down for a game (pretty much anywhere) on April 25th. I realize I'm late to the party trying to get tickets now, but any tips as to acquiring three tickets?

Is there is a secondary market?

Any suggestions/recommendations are appreciated....even if not about soccer. Will be staying in Edinburgh
Nick Toohey
AG
Hi Jack,

I just went to Anfield last month and used StubHub. They give $$ back if you don't get tickets (Secondary market tickets seem to be ignored mostly but strictly speaking are not allowed as I understand it.)

We had no problems, but paid a small fortune. Well worth it. Had to meet a guy at a Hotel, leave our Driver license, pick up after the game and return the tickets.

We went to a Celtic game in Glasgow as well, just got tickets off the club website. Probably able to do something similar for the Edinburgh clubs.

Take a walk up to Arthur's seat while you are there though, see the Royal Yacht Britannia, Edinburgh Castle and spend time checking out Old Town. If Harry Potter fans, gotta do a walking tour while you are there!
Jack Bristow
AG
Thank you Nick!! Just got tickets in the team site to Man United!! Very excited

Any pubs or restaurants you recommend in Edinburgh? We are going to hike Arthur's Seat and the castle for sure.

Is it worth it to check out Stirling? Glencoe?

Any whiskey your recommendations?
Nick Toohey
AG
Just check you don't need to be a season member as well. Not sure how United works, but at Liverpool you cant just buy a ticket (although the website lets you but do warn you), also need a season ticket). Sorry to sound negative, just always good to check. Hope you have better luck than my old Trafford experience, I was in the corporate sections when they fake bomb was found on the final day of the season couple years ago!

Whiskey wise, up near Edinburgh castle their is a tasting and whiskey tour joint. We skipped the tour and just tasted as seemed like tour wasn't great value. Glenvaline is one we came across in the North and really liked!

Stirling was a beautiful castle, definitely worth a visit. At Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness we were sold a ticket that got us into every castle in Scotland. It was great, saved a ton. Didn't go to Glencoe. Our favourite days in Scotland were driving though, some gorgeous views. The Fort William area is just stunning.
Jack Bristow
AG
Nick Toohey said:

Just check you don't need to be a season member as well. Not sure how United works, but at Liverpool you cant just buy a ticket (although the website lets you but do warn you), also need a season ticket). Sorry to sound negative, just always good to check. Hope you have better luck than my old Trafford experience, I was in the corporate sections when they fake bomb was found on the final day of the season couple years ago!

Whiskey wise, up near Edinburgh castle their is a tasting and whiskey tour joint. We skipped the tour and just tasted as seemed like tour wasn't great value. Glenvaline is one we came across in the North and really liked!

Stirling was a beautiful castle, definitely worth a visit. At Urquhart Castle on Loch Ness we were sold a ticket that got us into every castle in Scotland. It was great, saved a ton. Didn't go to Glencoe. Our favourite days in Scotland were driving though, some gorgeous views. The Fort William area is just stunning.
Awesome! Thank you.

Manchester had me buy a membership for every ticket I purchased. I talked with their sales people and have exchanged emails, very helpful people.

I was thinking the same thing on the whiskey tour. I'll need to check out the Urquhart Castle pass ticket. That could be very advantageous!!
Nick Toohey
AG
That's great from them.

It was specifically an Urquhart castle ticket, we just got it there. It's a national scheme type thing.

Also, Guildford Arms in Edinburgh for dinner. Get the chicken and stuffed haggis. Best meal I've ever had. We ate there and thought it was great, then heard later it was a real hidden gem!
Jack Bristow
AG
Nick Toohey said:

That's great from them.

It was specifically an Urquhart castle ticket, we just got it there. It's a national scheme type thing.

Also, Guildford Arms in Edinburgh for dinner. Get the chicken and stuffed haggis. Best meal I've ever had. We ate there and thought it was great, then heard later it was a real hidden gem!
Perfect!!

Also, I was the one who just followed you on twitter !!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.