Moving to Calgary

2 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AZAG08
NASAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have some friends there, found a job up with competitive pay and relocation. Moving there next month and looking forward to having mountains an hour away.

Any good bars or groups to join for watching Aggie football in the fall?
AZAG08
AG
In for any recommendations on places to watch Aggie football.
I moved to Calgary in January, still getting acclimated to all the places -- do you know where youre going to live?
PlanoAg98
AG
According to the AFS, the Alberta A&M Club is based in Calgary.
AZAG08
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

According to the AFS, the Alberta A&M Club is based in Calgary.
I saw that when I moving here, but could not find any details ( website, facebook page, etc.)
PlanoAg98
AG
The club president's email address is listed on the page. However if there's not even a Facebook page, chances are they are not very active outside of Muster. I was president of a club not too far from there and was always looking for people to find us and get involved.
NASAg03
AZAG08 said:

In for any recommendations on places to watch Aggie football.
I moved to Calgary in January, still getting acclimated to all the places -- do you know where youre going to live?

Work is off 1A near Bearspaw, but I'm looking to live in the city, with easy access to 1A. I did the drive from Shaganappi area for the interview in February at 8am in the snow, and it wasn't a bad drive.

Friends in town recommended Kensington, Bowness, 17th. 17th might be too much of a party scene for me. I'm thinking something on the west side of town near the river.

Suggestions?

And as for clubs, guess we'll have to form our own watch parties! Or just post on the facebook page. Thankfully there are plenty of pubs and breweries, and canadians love football.
AZAG08
AG
For access to 1A on the NW side Bowness or Kensington are good. I live in Sunnyside/Kensington, lots of places that are close enough to walk to. I work downtown so its two stops on the train into town for me.

I added my email to my profile if you have any questions I can try to help
NASAg03
Okay I made the 4000km road trip, and started work on Monday. So far work is better than expected, and the arrival weather (especially in Fernie) was amazing.

I'm crashing with a friend in the Kilarney area until I find a place. Have three more to look at the next couple of days.

I checked your profile but didn't see your email. If you're up for beers this long weekend, I'm pretty free. Could use some advice on car inspection, cell phone, and moving my apartment of stuff in Houston.

- Mike
NASAg03
my phone number is 210 535 3288
SaskAg
AG
Your best bet for watching Aggie Football up here is to get a U.S. VPN and then an ESPN subscription. Other that that you're just hoping the networks will happen to carry the game...

Calgary might have better options than Saskatoon but I've been up here for several years and that's the only way I've been able to reliably get the games.
NASAg03
That's what I've been doing for HBO. VPN so I don't get blocked and HBO NOW works great.

Still gotta figure out cellphone service.
AZAG08
AG
Hey sorry, for some reason I wasn't getting watchlist notices for this thread.
I added my email back into my profile
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.