Potentially moving to Atlanta

2,742 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgsinGA
fwag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Considering a move for work from DFW to North Atlanta Suburbs. Going out to visit this weekend for a few days. Any tips from Aggies in the area on what to see or where to go? We are hoping to get a feel for what it is like to live there while also having a little fun
PlanoAg98
AG
From my visits there, I'm sorry.
AgEng98
Eat pizza at Antico.
AtlAg05
AG
The Braves are in town this weekend so you can catch one of their games, playing the Astros.

The north suburbs up I-75/I-575 are nice areas, East Cobb is a popular area with good schools.

Georgia Aquarium is always a must see if you go downtown.

Plenty of parks, Kennesaw Battlefield, etc

Which part of the suburbs were you looking to see?
fwag05
We ended up pushing to next weekend. East Cobb is on the list. So are Woodstock and Kennesaw. Maybe Sandy Springs and John's Creek too

Appreciate the tips
ToddyHill
AG
If this can happen in Buckhead, it can happen anywhere in the Atlanta metro area. The crime in Atlanta has gotten out of hand.

Buckhead
Paul Dirac
Gig 'Em!
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
fwag05 said:

We ended up pushing to next weekend. East Cobb is on the list. So are Woodstock and Kennesaw. Maybe Sandy Springs and John's Creek too

Appreciate the tips
Where are you going to work? Suburban north Atlanta is pretty much divided into corridors - 75, 400, and 85. Going east-west can be almost impossible. Going north-south is merely extremely difficult. You really need to think about your commute when you consider a move to Atlanta. Have you made a decision?
AgsinGA
AG
He Who Shall Be Unnamed said:

fwag05 said:

Appreciate the tips
Where are you going to work? Suburban north Atlanta is pretty much divided into corridors - 75, 400, and 85. Going east-west can be almost impossible. Going north-south is merely extremely difficult. You really need to think about your commute when you consider a move to Atlanta. Have you made a decision?
Definitely agree with this. I have been in Atlanta many years and this description is the best I have seen. I am in Cobb and have one son in Cobb as well and one in Gwinnett.

PM if you have any questions.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.