Boston Recs

1,062 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JRizzle
JRizzle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am headed to boston in a couple of weeks. Ive been once but it was years ago, dont remember much and Im going with a gf that has never been.

I am planning on staying somewhere near the historic stuff / waterfront so that I can walk everywhere. Id love some "off the beaten path" ideas, tours, cruises, funky museums, etc.

Id appreciate any recs for bars, restaurants, places to stay. I was looking at the "The Liberty Hotel" although it looks like it may be farther from the historic stuff. The Kimpton 9-0 looks like a good location as does the XV Beacon.

Thanks to all for any advice or ideas.
The Pilot
AG
Search the travel board, will be more activity there. I've stayed at The Liberty, a cool hotel. It was easy for us to get around while staying here on one of our trips there.

Duck boat tours - good way to get a tour of the city. We've done them twice.
Freedom trail - You can walk this or get a guided tour. We did a ghost tour one year that was interesting.

Food:
Yankee Lobster Company is good for a meal after drinking at Harpoon Brewery.
Mistal is a higher-end French restaurant.
Mike's Pastry - good place for cannolis. Cash only. Tons of good Italian restaurants in the north end.
Parker House - best Boston cream pie. If you don't want a full meal, you can order the pie alone at the bar.

The only time we've rented a car when visiting Boston was when we had a trip to Montreal and Portland, ME after. Boston is easy to navigate on train/uber/lyft.
JRizzle
AG
The Pilot said:

Search the travel board, will be more activity there. I've stayed at The Liberty, a cool hotel. It was easy for us to get around while staying here on one of our trips there.

Duck boat tours - good way to get a tour of the city. We've done them twice.
Freedom trail - You can walk this or get a guided tour. We did a ghost tour one year that was interesting.

Food:
Yankee Lobster Company is good for a meal after drinking at Harpoon Brewery.
Mistal is a higher-end French restaurant.
Mike's Pastry - good place for cannolis. Cash only. Tons of good Italian restaurants in the north end.
Parker House - best Boston cream pie. If you don't want a full meal, you can order the pie alone at the bar.

The only time we've rented a car when visiting Boston was when we had a trip to Montreal and Portland, ME after. Boston is easy to navigate on train/uber/lyft.

Thanks pilot. Will do.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.